• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
16 16

3,123 posts in this topic

Discuss: what does a Daredevil 7 CGC 9.6 sell for these days?

I can't remember the last time I've seen a 9.0 or better on the market. Is this book tough to find in higher grades because of the dark cover?

the 9.2 I bought last year was the last one. Before that it was the Twin Cities 9.2. I don't remember the last 9.4. The last 9.6 was Doug's PC copy.

It's difficult to find in high grade. There are three 9.6s and seven or eight 9.4s.

Discuss: what does a Daredevil 7 CGC 9.6 sell for these days?

Hard to say as there isn't much sales data but using the 9.4 as a model maybe $23k $25k range

I was looking at the registry comparing this run to some of the others and there are a lot of people who could use an upgrade on this particular book (me included.) I think a lot will depend on how many of those folks end up bidding. I'm going to bid on it. I expect to lose lol

Edited by rob_react

When you really figure it this is one of those books that is popular for a strange reason. A costume change of all things. Thankfully for the character it was an improvement from the earlier one. It's as if it was gimmick before gimmicks were even invented.

I guess in the meantime, since now I just keep compulsively checking to see if scans are up yet and have DD totally on the brain.

I finally decided to add Daredevil's 12th and 13th appearances (than I needed to have the story from #38 completed in my run:) to my DD collection.....and or shrine.

I have Methuen Man to thank way back in 2009 for this. :foryou:

Upon some PMs he told me Fantastic Four #39 & #40 are must reads not just for FF or DD fans, but for any comic enthusiast looking for a GREAT & FUN read. Those two issues, really are one of DD's best Silver Age stories imho. Coupled with Kirby's goodness inside and out, makes them a must read and own for me.

sig.jpg

073F7431-D54A-43D6-BE5F-149A7B4ED4FD_zpspowwz0be.jpg

4FF148AB-7657-4A5D-9540-F8FE76A020D2_zpsbfdmrc7h.jpg

The scans are starting to show up:

The colors on the book are so rich it hurts.

There are indeed a couple factors with this book that I'm not in love with.

Still it is one of the best examples of a #7 I've ever seen.

I think it's sharper than the PC copy (although the PC copy is better looking)