• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paratrooper covers RUN

1,682 posts in this topic

Great stuff, paratrooper. Keep 'em flying in! thumbsup2.gif

"Keep 'em flyin'," one of my favorite GA sayings!

Vaughn, do you see a similarity to the DC parachute drawings? So many of them just say "DC style" to me, even that BA GI Combat one. Sure, there are probably only so many ways to draw a parachute but still, I've sent you enough now that I'm seeing patterns (even if there is nothing there).

Marc

"Keep 'em flyin'," one of my favorite GA sayings!

Vaughn, do you see a similarity to the DC parachute drawings? So many of them just say "DC style" to me, even that BA GI Combat one. Sure, there are probably only so many ways to draw a parachute but still, I've sent you enough now that I'm seeing patterns (even if there is nothing there).

Marc

There definately is a pattern in a lot of these paratrooper drawings...but keep a close eye on all the Kubert paratrooper books, there are a lot of them. Even more interesting are the Paratrooper books published during different conflicts the US was involved in i.e. Vietnam vs. WWII even Panama where the 82nd Airborne jumped in. But, I am getting ahead of myself, for I have collected only a fraction of this huge run.

Wow, the DC part of the run started with an very good cover!

Yes it did, fantastic greytone paratrooper cover. If I could ever get this book in a 9.0+ condition I'd be the happiest man alive. My next goal is to get Star Spangled War Stories #45 in any condition.

Posted by Montezuma (I hope not vengefully) on the Teen Humor thread. I don't think this one is on your list.

Jack

gi3.jpg

Excellent, too bad I don't know what issue # that is frown.gif For some reason I can't see the pics posted on that thread...work computer sucks.

It does not look well for the guy on the right, slumped down as if shot before he hit the ground!

You have a great thread, paratrooper. There really is quite a variety of parachute covers across the decades and this is a fun way to look at the comics! thumbsup2.gif