• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

don rosa perplexity

33 posts in this topic

Well, speaking from experience regarding a Don Rosa transaction that I had. CGC is not putting Don Rosa Collection on books from after a certain point in time(I think 1988). They had previously done that and then on resub they books had the Don Rosa Collection designation dropped. If you have sufficient evidence as to the providence of a Don Rosa book, you should ask Steve Wyatt if they will reissue a certificate, if you submit to CGC.

Well, speaking from experience regarding a Don Rosa transaction that I had. CGC is not putting Don Rosa Collection on books from after a certain point in time(I think 1988).

I don't think that is a Don Rosa thing. CGC just stops putting pedigrees on the label at a certain point in time. There are bunches of Winnipegs out there from the late 80s with no indication on the label.

Speaking of Don Rosa books, is CGC still putting "Don Rosa collection" on the labels? And if I submit a Don Rosa book, do I get my cool Rosa-art certificate back?
Yes, you will get your certificate back. They will also write down the invoice number of the book on the certificate. tongue.gif

why is Matt N. involved?

Maybe someone can persuade Matt not to meddle with the grades of the pedigree books and let people revel in the historical fact they survived decades in a high-grade condition with no external assistance from humans.

they've been "off the market" for a year- may be too late to get your wish.

why is Matt N. involved?

Maybe someone can persuade Matt not to meddle with the grades of the pedigree books and let people revel in the historical fact they survived decades in a high-grade condition with no external assistance from humans.

they've been "off the market" for a year- may be too late to get your wish.

frown.giftonofbricks.gif

why is Matt N. involved?

You still believe in Santa Claus, don't you, Mark? crazy.gif

Matt 'leaving money on the table' is a concept waaaaaaaaaay off his moral radar.

why is Matt N. involved?

You still believe in Santa Claus, don't you, Mark? crazy.gif

Matt 'leaving money on the table' is a concept waaaaaaaaaay off his moral radar.

Chanukah Harry gossip.gif

Though your point is well taken. flamed.gif

it's funny i saw matt at the baltimore con. it's the first time i've seen him. i've seen a picture. anyways when i saw him i was expecting him to have red horns comeing out of his head. and some real evil eyes or something. but nope. looked like a regular dude.

it's funny i saw matt at the baltimore con. it's the first time i've seen him. i've seen a picture. anyways when i saw him i was expecting him to have red horns comeing out of his head. and some real evil eyes or something. but nope. looked like a regular dude.

If there was ever an invitation for Redhook, this is it! foreheadslap.gif27_laughing.gif

Tell me this one ain't pressed. No way could this be a 9.8 any other way. This is one of the hardest spidy to git in anything over 9.4.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Spider-Man-1...1QQcmdZViewItem

It's a black cover. Pressing won't solve most of the usual defects that make it so difficult for a book with a black cover to get an uber-high grade. confused-smiley-013.gif

I can vouch for the fact that Matt does not have horns or evil eyes. I don't agree with many of his business practices, but he and I always try to spend some friendly time talking at a convention.

1388050-Zaid-Nelson.jpg

I swear I didn't deliberately put the red eyes in the pic. It is just red eye reflection from the camera! gossip.gif27_laughing.gif

Although mine don't seem to be red. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Kidding Matt! poke2.gif