• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What 3 titles do you mainly collect?

87 posts in this topic

Trying to complete the full run of DC war books. I have everything 1968-1988, and a good slice of 1960-1968. But getting those 1950s DC war books? Really tough, even in lower and mid grades.

But mama, that's where the fun is!

Currently, I'm focussing on 1950s/earlyn 1960s copies of

1. All American Men of War

2. Our Fighting Forces

3. Star Spangled War Stories

Shep

man you must have a sweet collection thumbsup2.gif

In June I completed my Daredevil run from 100-present... and I only need 74 issues from 1-99, so I moved that to the back burner... And replaced it with these three:

1.) Uncanny X-Men (94-350) - I have 275-350, and I'm working on filling the gaps from 94-275.. just 116 to go.

2.) Fantastic Four (1-present) - I own 189-300, and Volume 2&3, so I'm concentrating on 100-188 & 300-416... I'll leave the silver age until last

3a.) Batman (200-present) - I have 400-present, I'm just trying to fill the gaps from 200-399

3b.) Thor (84-present) - After I finished DD, I've been picking up random issues and a few runs/lots of Thor, so whenever I see affordable issues I'm snatching them up. I'm mainly concentrating on the first series before the relaunch.

3c.) Adventure Comics (381-End) - I only need about 20 issues between 381-420 to finish this run, so it's on the back burner, but when I see a deal I jump on it.

3d.) Daredevil (1-99) - As I said, I need 74 issues.

Working on:

Star Spangled War Stories Mainly the Enemy Ace issues only need 138 and 144 in 9.2 or higher.

Justice League of America issues 50-100 in 9.2 or better

Brave and the Bold Silent Knight covers only

The only easy ones have been the JLA's. The others are tough in grade.

bumpit.gif

Missed this thread the first time around.

I mainly collect character appearances, not titles. My main focus is on reading GA/SA/BA appearances of the big three Batman villains (either through reading copies or reprints).

Two-Face (I've read most all of them through late-1970s)

Penguin (have read probably about 1/2 of his GA/SA stories)

Joker (with so many, I've just scratched the surface ~ maybe 20%)

I've also started reading GA Red Skull stories. The first three were reprinted in the Classic Years TPBs. And the first non-S&K story from CA #16 was reprinted in Marvel Visionaries: Stan Lee, which is currently on it's way to me. I also have a full run of his SA appearances in Tales of Suspense that I haven't read yet.

The only modern titles I collect are The Goon and Escapist(s).