• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should CGC employees eat with collectors

92 posts in this topic

Sorry, I realize my position won't be glorified either, but I have true passion for what's happening to the hobby of my youth, and it bothers me. confused-smiley-013.gif So i'll go it alone if I must, because I believe so sincerely in my thoughts on this subject 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

You don't have to go it alone. You can sit in the corner. poke2.gif

Thanks for the kind words in the other thread Mark... thumbsup2.gif

appreciated, truly. headbang.gif

My pleasure. thumbsup2.gif

I thought this was great quote by Brad in the other thread:

Well, they're more of a gathering of the CGC Boardmembers.....it's not like we have to wear CGC baseball caps or sit under a big banner with Steve's picture on it...............

Many times it's been a boardmember who organizes the thing and collects the money. We do pay, you know.

I've always looked forward to the day I might be able to go to one of these and meet some fellow forumites. I don't see any real problems with these dinners, as ALL are invited.

Now, if it suddenly became some kind of secret elitist dinner where only certain BSDs were invited or allowed to join in, then that could be different. From what I've seen, you get the big fish, little fish, and even a barnicle or two at these things, so I see no harm in it at this point.

Brad (Redhook) had a great comment in the other thread regarding this topic:

As I recall, whenever CGC has picked up the tab or contributed to any of the forum dinners, it's been for everyone, big collectors, little collectors and total non-customers.

The forum dinners are not closed events. No one is excluded if they want to come. No favoritism has ever been shown.

...I heard you had to slab at least $600.00 in books to qualify for a free cocktail,... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Enough with Heritage hangover stooges.gif Hopefully I could attend one of the forum dinners in SD next year...if ever there will be oen tongue.gif

The more inportant question is "should CGC employees sleep with collectors"

My sister below swears she slept with two graders on different occasions.

http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL684/3815115/7876649/189580434.jpg[/img]]web page

more proof................

http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL684/3815115/7876649/122740091.jpg[/img]]web page

CGC has never (in my experience) shown favoritism to any level of customer or collector over another at these events.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

You did see the CGC Forum Awards, right? makepoint.gif

And you got a bit bent and wonder why people change the wording in your posts.......(wasn't it a comment on sour grapes.... 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

hey as long as the CGC folks are paying.... gossip.gif

by the way...I need airfair to the next big Con......... thumbsup2.gif

CGC has never (in my experience) shown favoritism to any level of customer or collector over another at these events.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

You did see the CGC Forum Awards, right? makepoint.gif

And you got a bit bent and wonder why people change the wording in your posts.......(wasn't it a comment on sour grapes.... 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

Laugh all you want, but I'm dead right about this. sumo.gif

You pay your own way to the forum dinners, so how can anyone perceive them to create a conflict of interest between CGC employees and comic collectors? confused-smiley-013.gifscrewy.gif

I suggest any concern over preferential treatment by CGC of certain customers be directed toward Heritage, which not only submits books for encapsulation, but is part owner of the company of which CGC is one division. gossip.gif

I Like Columbo.

I spent 1000's of dollars on submissions, been to a few dinners, and yet to have received a free scotch, or even sparkling water, what's the deal ?

Also, I don't think the graders should have to eat with the collectors.

First off, most graders lack social skills and can not interact in a way that would represent CGC well.

2nd for the graders that can, there are many collectors, that should not see the light of day outside of their own world.

3rd, if there are somewhat normal grader's and collectors, they should not eat together , because the naked truth is still taboo.

The dinners are harmless. (until people drink too much)

It allows every faction to sit down and break bread. If you have the nads to speak your mind.. THERE they are,....sitting right there with you, they are not hiding.

Many times the conversations and opinions flow wild and wolly. The fact that CGC might pick up a part of the tab is an afterthought at best. It does NOT curb what might, or might NOT be said.

Just like this board.

I would rather be present and promote what I feel is important, then sit here and complain online..

Ze-

Could you explain this in more detail, JC?

"You know, the others I can understand, but I'm still scratching my head as to WTF these two "accomplishments" have to do with the CGC Forums:

For getting the Lamont Larson and family to come to our Forum dinner in San Diego.

For organizing and helping to pay part of the expense for all members last year and this years SD forum dinner."

Ze-Man also made a funny in that same thread 27_laughing.gif:

Next year I I think I will show up at a CGC Forum Dinner with Steve Ditko covered from head to toe with CGC prism stickers, holding 2 large pepperoni pizzas with extra cheese, flanked by a bevy of 6 Hotties dressed in wet CGC logo T-shirts and very,very short shorts(for Greggy)

My name shall be assured a place in next years list! Or should I have the girls in the prism stickers, and Steve Ditko wearing the CGC t shirt?

Ze-Man also made a funny in that same thread 27_laughing.gif:

Next year I I think I will show up at a CGC Forum Dinner with Steve Ditko covered from head to toe with CGC prism stickers, holding 2 large pepperoni pizzas with extra cheese, flanked by a bevy of 6 Hotties dressed in wet CGC logo T-shirts and very,very short shorts(for Greggy)

My name shall be assured a place in next years list! Or should I have the girls in the prism stickers, and Steve Ditko wearing the CGC t shirt?

So tell me, what is wrong with Ditko covered head to toe with CGC stickers? tongue.gif

I am THIS close to getting it done!

Dont jinx me. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Ze-