• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should CGC employees eat with collectors

92 posts in this topic

Are you implying that "level of service" got me a "gift" award?

No, CGC is OPENLY STATING that some of you received forum accolades based on your "performance" and "monetary contributions" at these forum dinners.

If you don't understand the message that sends, then go back to 1st Grade. foreheadslap.gif

No, CGC is OPENLY STATING that some of you received forum accolades based on your "performance" and "monetary contributions" at these forum dinners.

If you don't understand the message that sends, then go back to 1st Grade. foreheadslap.gif

Apparently, it sends a message to you that no one else gives a damn about.

No, CGC is OPENLY STATING that some of you received forum accolades based on your "performance" and "monetary contributions" at these forum dinners when everyone knows I should have received an award! cry.gif

JC's still whining about the awards, what a surprise! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

In my mind, this is no different than any other business. I am routinely taken out to lunch by vendors that I have a direct influence over deciding to buy their products. I also have several vendors reps that I consider as friends. We also go out to lunch (usually on their dime) and the conversation is centered around trends in the industry, how their kids are doing in their activities, how my son is doing, etc. I see nothing wrong with it. I am no big CGC cheerleader (look back at some of my post), but I don't see anything wrong with the forum dinners.

Check the original thread buddy, and you'll see quite a few people posting similar comments.

Plus, the awards were deemed so utterly stupid and meaningless that OTHER forum members started a REAL Forumites Awards thread. 27_laughing.gif

JC's still whining about the awards, what a surprise!

Hey, didn't banner get an "Honorable Mention" for allowing Steve B to run up his VISA at the bar? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

P.S. You seem to sink lower by the day, with your constant editing of user posts - something even brain-dead newbies wouldn't stoop to. 27_laughing.gif

Once again, here are the two "Forum Fanatic Awards and Accolades that are a total joke:

"You know, the others I can understand, but I'm still scratching my head as to WTF these two "accomplishments" have to do with the CGC Forums:

For getting the Lamont Larson and family to come to our Forum dinner in San Diego.

For organizing and helping to pay part of the expense for all members last year and this years SD forum dinner."

Check the original thread buddy, and you'll see quite a few people posting similar comments.

Plus, the awards were deemed so utterly stupid and meaningless that OTHER forum members started a REAL Forumites Awards thread. 27_laughing.gif

I know. I won one of those, too! yay.gif

Guys, no one with half a brain thinks there's anything wrong with forum dinners. Just drop it already before people start to think that there's any real controversy here. screwy.gif

Well, I guess i'll chime in one last time, from the cheap seats...

While I don't think there is anything ACTUALLY wrong with CGC forum dinners in of themselves, I absolutely think its a conflict of interest (by professional definition) and a perceptible mistake for a third party anyone to endeavor into. I also don't think I alone share these thoughtS, but perhaps was just "A" person that wrote them down on these here forums.

But hey, that just this half brained, dim wits, personal opinion confused-smiley-013.gif

and that's the last I have to say about that...

so i'll write this: GIANTS 31 SEAHAWKS 14 yay.gif

No, CGC is OPENLY STATING that some of you received forum accolades based on your "performance" and "monetary contributions" at these forum dinners when everyone knows I should have received an award!

Man, you must be dumber than you look, and let me tell you, that's a real stretch.

For the record, I assumed that "CGC Forum Fanatic Award and Accolades" recipients would be those who contributed in the greatest way to the forum, not the guys who greased some CGC palms at the forum dinner.

People like Red and Timulty come to mind when the word "Forum Fanatic" is brought up, as Red's Photoshop work and investigative skills are valued, and Timulty is a prodigous poster who manages to keep his cool and remain positive.

No, CGC is OPENLY STATING that some of you received forum accolades based on your "performance" and "monetary contributions" at these forum dinners when everyone knows I should have received an award!

Man, you must be dumber than you look, and let me tell you, that's a real stretch.

For the record, I assumed that "CGC Forum Fanatic Award and Accolades" recipients would be those who contributed in the greatest way to the forum, not the guys who greased some CGC palms at the forum dinner.

People like Red and Timulty come to mind when the word "Forum Fanatic" is brought up, as Red's Photoshop work and investigative skills are valued, and Timulty is a prodigous poster who manages to keep his cool and remain positive.

Well, I wouldn't call myself a CGC Forum Fanatic......Warcraft Fanatic, perhaps. I do view this as being a member of a community and in order to make the posting environment as interesting as possible, well you need to post. Let people know you are interested in what is going on. Were it not for the CGC Boards, I would definitely not be as educated on purchasing decisions and current events involving CGC books. Not to mention, informing me on OA purchasing decisions as well.

Well, I wouldn't call myself a CGC Forum Fanatic......Warcraft Fanatic, perhaps. I do view this as being a member of a community and in order to make the posting environment as interesting as possible, well you need to post. Let people know your are interested in what is going on. Were it not for the CGC Boards, I would definitely not be as educated on purchasing decisions and current events involving CGC books. Not to mention, informing me on OA purchasing decisions as well.

trollwow.jpgcloud9.gif

Well, I wouldn't call myself a CGC Forum Fanatic......Warcraft Fanatic, perhaps. I do view this as being a member of a community and in order to make the posting environment as interesting as possible, well you need to post. Let people know your are interested in what is going on. Were it not for the CGC Boards, I would definitely not be as educated on purchasing decisions and current events involving CGC books. Not to mention, informing me on OA purchasing decisions as well.

trollwow.jpgcloud9.gif

Stupid horde.

well JC, i have to agree with your last paragraph, as you seem to have captured the spirit of two of our forumites quite well....................

on the other hand, i personally think that Jeff's efforts in getting one of Comicdom's most famous Collectors to attend last years SD Forum Dinner was quite admirable. as was Bullitt123's willingness to help subsidize this years SD Dinner cost for Forum members who couldn't afford the tab.

not sure where I see either of those as "greasing CGC's palm" issues?!?! confused.gif

as to the topic at hand, i've thoroughly enjoyed the Forum Dinners in San Fran, Dan Diego and NYC. met many fellow collectors, some Big dealers, some Famous artists and got to chat with many CGC Ees..........i see them as a great idea for fostering the gathering of folks within the hobby, with NO conflict of interest whatsoever sumo.gif

trollwow.jpgcloud9.gif

Stupid horde.

Sorry. We don't mean to kick your Alliance [embarrassing lack of self control]es everytime we meet on the battlegrounds... flowerred.gif