• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Fun Comics not owned by esquire

297 posts in this topic

Anyone recoginze the pencil markings on this book, and wha they look similar to?

morefun60.jpg

Great cover! You don't see this one as much as some of the others.

That's the truth, you certainly don't see this issue often. hail.gif

Anyone recoginze the pencil markings on this book, and wha they look similar to?

morefun60.jpg

Ok, the two lines and the 5 cent pencil markings are very similar to the Mile High Dectective 27, which was bought in a second hand store that dropped the price on them. I always wondered if this copy came from that same store?

Beautiful! Since we're in the #40's now (my favorite set of More Fun covers other than the very late Post covers), I'll post a few of mine (that might have been ciorac's once upon a time):

morefun42.jpg

Very Prisoner of Zenda'ish! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

morefun60.jpg

Ok, the two lines and the 5 cent pencil markings are very similar to the Mile High Dectective 27, which was bought in a second hand store that dropped the price on them. I always wondered if this copy came from that same store?

That was the first thing I thought when I saw it. Does anyone know if the "5c" notation is also on the Church copy of Detective #27?

you guys always kill me with the awsome early GA books.

I've been talking to an older collector in the east coast (I guess he's in his mid 70's) that has about 60 GA More Fun and other DC big series books....he sent me a list of the issues, but he's not selling frustrated.gif

I've only got one pre-hero more fun and it's already been posted by someone else.... yeahok.gif

I've only got one pre-hero more fun and it's already been posted by someone else.... yeahok.gif

Post it anyway! Each GA book is different, even copies of the same issue, and everyone loves these things. Lord knows I've re-posted a bunch of stuff.

I'll post my stained MF #27; a lot of books will look pretty good after this:

morefun27.jpg

Post it anyway! Each GA book is different, even copies of the same issue, and everyone loves these things. Lord knows I've re-posted a bunch of stuff.

I'll post my stained MF #27; a lot of books will look pretty good after this:

morefun27.jpg

I'll see if I can find the scan....that book looks good to me.