• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Fun Comics not owned by esquire

297 posts in this topic

Egads....Mile High More Funs!

RHG, you are my hero...

STEVE Got Larson?

Kind words like that merit another Church book. Here is the first of the three Johnny Quick covers in the series. It is also the least common of the three:

1422618-MoreFun86%28MH%29%282%29.jpg

You know, other than in Gerber, I don't remember seeing one of these before. Definately scarcer than the other two, you're right. Nice!

Ouch Bill - that brings back memories (I used to own the Mile High MF 72; bought it from Carter but later sold it to Metro).

STEVE Got Larson?

and I bought it from Pat Kochanek years later. grin.gif

West

Ouch Bill - that brings back memories (I used to own the Mile High MF 72; bought it from Carter but later sold it to Metro).

STEVE Got Larson?

and I bought it from Pat Kochanek years later. grin.gif

West

Aaaaaaaargh!

(well, at least I know it's in good hands smile.gif

STEVE Got Larson?

Egads....Mile High More Funs!

RHG, you are my hero...

STEVE Got Larson?

Kind words like that merit another Church book. Here is the first of the three Johnny Quick covers in the series. It is also the least common of the three:

1422618-MoreFun86%28MH%29%282%29.jpg

You know, other than in Gerber, I don't remember seeing one of these before. Definately scarcer than the other two, you're right. Nice!

Not nearly as nice as the one above, but certainly obtainable..

morefun86.jpg

Here is the second Johnny Quick cover, and it is my favorite of the three. This is a CGC 9.8:

1423783-MoreFun87%28SF%29%282%29.jpg

Those Johnny Quick covers are really cool! Who's the cover artist? I really like the clean lines and composition.

This one is Mort Meskin

gossip.gif Same guy that drew the Golden Lad you liked.

Mort's not too well known, except by other comic artists who appreciate what he can do. Joe Kubert mentioned him to me as one of a handful of artists that he really respected. Toth wrote glowingly about him for Robin Snyder's fanzine. One time Mort took a white sheet of paper, rubbed a pencil all over it to create a solid field of grey, and then proceeded to draw by using his eraser. Toth thought, I can do that, and gave up after several hopeless attempts.

Here is the second Johnny Quick cover, and it is my favorite of the three. This is a CGC 9.8:

1423783-MoreFun87%28SF%29%282%29.jpg

You're going to have to change your avatar to rarehighestgraded! poke2.gif

Those are some halacious More Funs you've been posting.

This one is Mort Meskin

Sounds kind of weird when you put it that way. foreheadslap.gifcrazy.gif

Well, definitely put me down as a Meskin fan! thumbsup2.gif

I capitalized it. angel.gif

This one is Mort Meskin

Sounds kind of weird when you put it that way. foreheadslap.gifcrazy.gif

Well, definitely put me down as a Meskin fan! thumbsup2.gif

I capitalized it. angel.gif

Still weird. gossip.gif

Here's a fun one:

morefun48.jpg

Don't you hate it when you're filming a movie of a dinosaur/igauna thing and then it suddenly attacks, forcing you to drop your camera and pull out your knife to fend it off? I sure do.

Here's a fun one:

morefun48.jpg

Don't you hate it when you're filming a movie of a dinosaur/igauna thing and then it suddenly attacks, forcing you to drop your camera and pull out your knife to fend it off? I sure do.

Been there, done that.

Even after slaying the vicious beast, watch out for its dung pile - you've never really "stepped in it" till you get some dino doo-doo on your shoes.

STEVE Got Larson?

I could be way off but I don't think that its supposed to be a dino - I can't picture them publishing a cover that clearly anachronistic (film camera & "dino" in same shot) that early in the GA. I think its supposed to be a large lizard - a monitor or something similar. Note the tongue.

I've only got one pre-hero more fun and it's already been posted by someone else.... yeahok.gif

Post it anyway! Each GA book is different, even copies of the same issue, and everyone loves these things. Lord knows I've re-posted a bunch of stuff.

I'll post my stained MF #27; a lot of books will look pretty good after this:

morefun27.jpg

1428723-MoreFunComics49.jpg

My only one...... sorry.gif

1428723-MoreFunComics49.jpg.3d1fe7a097bbbce26b732e37589de6e5.jpg