• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What copper run would you regret selling 10 or 20 years from now?

18 posts in this topic

I've been thinking about this lately as I'm beginning to wonder if this will be the best time to sell off my transformers run, the one that started as a miniseries in the mid 80s.

I have #1 to #47 with the majority being in NM condition. With the movie hype these have been selling for a relatively decent amount.

Can you think of any other copper runs you have either already sold or are thinking of selling... that you might regret selling in the future?

Either you were attached to them, meaning you were more attached to them then you thought you were....

but especially that they will be worth even more in the future and you won't easily be able to replace them in 10 to 20 years

we often see people complain about how they sold off their silver or bronze collection in the 70s or 80s... and they say only if they had kept them etc...

If you bought the books off the rack, I think you would eventually miss them from a nostalgic stand-point.

If it's just a run you picked up along the way, I doubt they will be more expensive to buy back in the future. IMO, movie hype will translate to the highest prices the run will ever see.

Most of the "great" Copper stories are available in trade, so they would be cheap enough to replace.

I'd sell just about any of the runs I own other than Miracleman (which I would sell if cheap trades are ever printed). Hard to find sweet copies of the later Moore issues (14, 15, 16) and the Gaiman books (especially #24) on the cheap.

I've been thinking about this lately as I'm beginning to wonder if this will be the best time to sell off my transformers run, the one that started as a miniseries in the mid 80s.

I have #1 to #47 with the majority being in NM condition. With the movie hype these have been selling for a relatively decent amount.

Can you think of any other copper runs you have either already sold or are thinking of selling... that you might regret selling in the future?

I've got a NM run I'd sell too......so what's a relatively decent amount of money 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've got a NM run I'd sell too......so what's a relatively decent amount of money 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

More than cover price... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

More than cover price... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif They've actually got great covers if you like the stilted robotic look....rom style

My Pacific Comics (PC), especially Alien Worlds and Twisted Tales as well as Eclipse Comics 3-D issues. Surprised that the Eclipse issues haven't risen that much considering that Eclipses wherehouse was flooded and their stock was destroyed years ago.

As well as my most prized Avengers Annual 10 (Michael Golden)!

All the late run DC war books, as the titles were cancelled one by one... Weird War, Unknown Soldier, G.I. Combat and Sgt. Rock. I'll die with those books.

Now that I've reassembled them, I'd never let go of my Pacific run... the Rocketeer, Twisted Tales and Alien Worlds books are killer.

And, as a nostalgic favorite, I'll be keeping a close grip on my Blackhawks from the early 80s... amazing art by Chaykin, Speigle, Wildey, Severin and Toth... never knew what was going to show up on the rack month to month.

Shep

And, as a nostalgic favorite, I'll be keeping a close grip on my Blackhawks from the early 80s... amazing art by Chaykin, Speigle, Wildey, Severin and Toth... never knew what was going to show up on the rack month to month.

Shep

Speigle? confused.gif I'm with you on the others, but Speigle? no.gifIcky_anim.gif

ROM 1-75.

I don't ever expect it to be worth much but it holds great nostalgic value to me.

I've had a bunch of transformers comics sitting in my store for a long time now. I've sold about 1/5 of them, but no action for a long time since then. I have them at a couple of bucks each, mostly NM to NM- type books. I really wonder if there's that much demand other than the Mini-series and maybe the end of the run?

I might wind up regretting selling my stack of Albedo #3s. I had about 15 of them that I have sold off over the course of the last year. Nice copies, but I finally decided that the nicest would probably come back 9.2s, so I decided not to slab (though a couple MIGHT have been 9.4s). Consistently sold for $10-$20 a pop, so I can't complain. Paid 50 cents for them.

I've had a bunch of transformers comics sitting in my store for a long time now. I've sold about 1/5 of them, but no action for a long time since then. I have them at a couple of bucks each, mostly NM to NM- type books. I really wonder if there's that much demand other than the Mini-series and maybe the end of the run?

I still need most of the run. PM me and i'll take the NM issues off your hands thumbsup2.gif

Shep

Speigle? confused.gif I'm with you on the others, but Speigle? no.gifIcky_anim.gif

Yeah! Speigle!!! I know he's not much of a fan favorite, but I really liked his art on Blackhawk when it came out. He had a sort naive-Toth thing going on, and it seemed like a bit of a throwback to the 'simpler times' art of the 1950s and 60s.

I also liked the few Sgt. Rock stories he drew, the Annuals in particular.

I'd love to get some of his Blackhawk pages. Those'd be awesome on the wall.

Shep