• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

why so many bent covers in the cgc cased comics?

43 posts in this topic

i was thinking about sending some books to CGC in a near future, but what will happen in an overseas travel confused.gif

On average, about half the CGC comics I had shipped to me overseas suffered some type SCS damage in transit...

Jim

wow, that stinks.................

i've had between 250-300 books personally slabbed and then shipped from Florida to New Jersey without a single instance of SCS......................... acclaim.gif

i've had between 250-300 books personally slabbed and then shipped from Florida to New Jersey without a single instance of SCS......................... acclaim.gif

The fact that some (most?) of my packages from the States looked like they were used for a little indoor soccer practice may have something to do with it... Christo_pull_hair.gif

Jim

SCS (Shaken Comic Syndrome) is a term used to describe what happens to a comic that is damaged inside a sealed innerwell, like CGC's when it is damaged post slabbing.

Ze

I prefer the BPS (Bent Pen## Syndrome) when your wang is permanently bent. BTW, I do not suffer from this.

27_laughing.gif