• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #1 Mile High copy

283 posts in this topic

The Mile High Tec 27 had work done to it.That I do know.

I got that information from one of the books former owners

According to Forman and Rogovin, the book was unrestored (and they were the last two owners before it was placed in a private collection).

On a side note, I'm looking forward to the book on Pedigrees that's supposed to come out next year. I only have 2 pedigree books, but I'm interested to read the stories behind them.

It will probably be "books", one GA and one SA. Plans are for it to go to the publisher in April.

On a side note, I'm looking forward to the book on Pedigrees that's supposed to come out next year. I only have 2 pedigree books, but I'm interested to read the stories behind them.

It will probably be "books", one GA and one SA. Plans are for it to go to the publisher in April.

Sweet! Even better.

Aren't there any pedigree collection that contain books from both eras?

Do you know the book that will make the cover?

Matt had my Action #1 AS THE MOCK UP but it is not a pedigree.

Stephen Ritter showed me a prototype of the layout of the book at Chicago. It was in a large binder, but for the life of me I can't remember if it had anything on the cover. Sorry.

i hope it has super nice pages and massive scans. any one know? can't friggin wait.

It has scans, but not massive scans, and a list (as much as possible) of books in the collections with grades for each. There's also a back story for each collection: who found it, how it was amassed, etc. It looked very nice.

The More Fun # 37 Mile High copy is an example of the name CHURCH being written on the cover of a comicbook.You can see it at Matts website if your interested.It is an example of what probably the word and placement of CHURCH looks like on the Action 1.

The More Fun # 37 Mile High copy is an example of the name CHURCH being written on the cover of a comicbook.You can see it at Matts website if your interested.It is an example of what probably the word and placement of CHURCH looks like on the Action 1.

let me ask you a question. some of the board members have eluded to the fact that he possibly hasn't shown the book because it'a a bit "old hat" after 20+ years in his collection.

Now i am not sure how long you have owned your copy. i was wondering has it become even a little "old hat" to you?