• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone getting Giant Sized Wolverine 1 today

27 posts in this topic

GIANT-SIZE WOLVERINE #1

Written by DAVID LAPHAM

Art and cover by DAVID AJA

Wolverine has been injured before, but never like this. Blasted with 5,000 rounds of machine gun shells and lifted to the edge of earth’s atmosphere by a giant robot, Wolverine was 85,000 feet in the air when he finally disabled the killing machine. Now, after a horrendous descent and fiery crash into a rural Nebraska cornfield, he lies at the edge of death, lapsing in and out of a coma as his body desperately tries to heal. And that’s when things really get bad.

The men who sent the robot to destroy Wolverine have come to finish the job. The townsfolk who witnessed the crash have gathered up a mob to hunt down and destroy the alien that’s landed. And Wolverine’s fate just might rest in the hands of the strange little girl who first found him in that dark cornfield. A strange little girl with an affinity for taking care of odd creatures, and whose family holds a deep, dark secret hidden from the light of day... House of Blood and Sorrow is an all new 34-page chilling story just in time for Halloween! Written by David Lapham (Stray Bullets) and illustrated by David Aja (Daredevil, X-Men Unlimited)

This Giant Size edition also includes a special Classic tie-in to Wolverine Origins with reprints of X-Men 6 and 7 by Jim Lee, featuring Omega Red and Sabretooth!

96 PGS./ Rated T+ ...$4.99

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Blasted with 5,000 rounds of machine gun shells and lifted to the edge of earth’s atmosphere by a giant robot, Wolverine was 85,000 feet in the air when he finally disabled the killing machine. Now, after a horrendous descent and fiery crash into a rural Nebraska cornfield, he lies at the edge of death, lapsing in and out of a coma as his body desperately tries to heal.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Since when did Wolverine become superman? I understand that he's a tough SOB but the lengths to which writers are going to display this are ridiculous. I wish they would tone it down a little bit and get back to basics with this character.

Since when did Wolverine become superman? I understand that he's a tough SOB but the lengths to which writers are going to display this are ridiculous.

I think it started when some insufficiently_thoughtful_person writer created the idea that even if one cell of Wolvie's existed, his metabolism could regrow itself. screwy.gif

And the dumbest part of this, is that Wolverine's healing isn't even his mutant power, and all those other Agent X insufficiently_thoughtful_persons have it too. foreheadslap.gif

And the dumbest part of this, is that Wolverine's healing isn't even his mutant power, and all those other Agent X insufficiently_thoughtful_persons have it too. foreheadslap.gif

Really? I've never heard this and the Marvel Handbook says differently.

If it isn't his mutant power, what is? Increased senses?

Jim

Since when did Wolverine become superman? I understand that he's a tough SOB but the lengths to which writers are going to display this are ridiculous.

I think it started when some insufficiently_thoughtful_person writer created the idea that even if one cell of Wolvie's existed, his metabolism could regrow itself. screwy.gif

Are you sure? I always thought his healing factor and enhanced senses were his mutant powers. All the claws and adamantium stuff were the add on's, at least the pre Origin retcon version. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It was probably retconned 20 times since then, but...

In the late-80's, early-90's, Marvel revealed the Weapon X project, and stated that all the agents had been given a healing factor, and that Wolverine's real mutant power was his enhanced senses and heightened physical abilities - basically an animal in a man's body.

I remember reading some editorial comments at the time, that "Wolverine has too many mutant powers" and they were tryng to shave a few off.

I just read on Wiki that further retcons of the Weapon X history rewrote it so that Wolvie's DNA was used to give the others their healing powers, so I guess Jimmy (dam, I hate that name) is back to multiple-mutant power-man.

It was probably retconned 20 times since then, but...

In the late-80's, early-90's, Marvel revealed the Weapon X project, and stated that all the agents had been given a healing factor, and that Wolverine's real mutant power was his enhanced senses and heightened physical abilities - basically an animal in a man's body.

I remember reading some editorial comments at the time, that "Wolverine has too many mutant powers" and they were tryng to shave a few off.

I just read on Wiki that further retcons of the Weapon X history rewrote it so that Wolvie's DNA was used to give the others their healing powers, so I guess Jimmy (dam, I hate that name) is back to multiple-mutant power-man.

I read those stories in Wolverine and, I could be mistaken here, the other Agents were given enhanced healing powers based exams by the Weapon X scientists of Wolverine's mutant power...

Jim

I don't remember it that way, but it could be I only read the first part of the tale, like stopping the Spidey Clone Saga halfway through and thinking that SS is the original. insane.gif

I do know for a fact, that Marvel Editors were looking at ways to tone down Jimmy's multiple mutant powers, and maybe they got cold feet with this one?

I don't remember it that way, but it could be I only read the first part of the tale, like stopping the Spidey Clone Saga halfway through and thinking that SS is the original. insane.gif

I do know for a fact, that Marvel Editors were looking at ways to tone down Jimmy's multiple mutant powers, and maybe they got cold feet with this one?

I must admit, my Wolverine history knowledge stops in the early 90's, so I am pretty clueless as to what he is capable of these days. confused-smiley-013.gif

Found out that Wolverine is actually a Fictional character drawn in bright pretty colors in something called a "comic book"

Wow, you are dumber than you look. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Holy *spoon* that was a very original come back...did you think of that all by yourself? Your mom must be proud to have raised such a witty antagonistic nerd. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Found out that Wolverine is actually a Fictional character drawn in bright pretty colors in something called a "comic book"

Wow, you are dumber than you look. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Holy *spoon* that was a very original come back...did you think of that all by yourself? Your mom must be proud to have raised such a witty antagonistic nerd. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Mom?

Is that his wife.. Or in his Neck of the woods are they one in the same?