• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the most money you have paid for a single comic?

143 posts in this topic

I want to make a big purchase on a silver age key. But i'd like to know what others have paid. There is a price point where I start feeling uneasy.....

Comic Book - $400

OA - $800

Still haven't got up the nerve to break the 1K barrier.

Some inhere have paid 10K for one book others have never paid more than 50 bucks.... If you let us know the book and the price asked for it we could comment on whether or not that was a "reasonable" market price...

I am asumming you dont have GPA cause then this info would be easily available.

650 is the highest i have paid btw

I want to make a big purchase on a silver age key. But i'd like to know what others have paid. There is a price point where I start feeling uneasy.....

Comic Book - $400

OA - $800

Once you do it once, you can do it again.

Most I paid for a comic was $2,400 for an FF 1

Most I paid for original art was $1,000 for a FF 103 page

These are rare ocassions I only buy what I can afford. I only use cash because once you use plastic then your paying interest and the item ends up costing more.

I also have a wife, kids, mortgage, car payment,.....

If I was single, I think I would be one of those spending over 10K for a single book.

I would like to buy a high grade Avengers #1-----there is one on highgradecomics

in CGC 8.5 for $5200 and one in CGC 9.0 (on either comiclink or pedigree) for $6700. But don't want to spend that much.

However, for a JLA #1 in those conditions and prices---I would have no problem grin.gif

In a single purchase, about $180 for GGA books: a Seven Seas 3 and a Planet Comics. That's two different purchases. I've bought books on time from my LCS. In that case, it was about $360 over several months for a Batman 38.

I'm planning on spending almost $500 for a Brave and Bold #1 soon. The money is saved and it's really a matter of pulling the trigger.

Comic Book - $400

OA - $800

Once you do it once, you can do it again.

So true. blush.gif

$900 for a Green Lantern 76 CGC 9.2
isnt that the Double Cover?
No, it would help if you take a look at the scan before you put your foot in your mouth again. The DC was bought raw for $175 back in the day. The 9.2 is gone because I wanted to keep the DC. makepoint.gif

$900 for a Green Lantern 76 CGC 9.2
isnt that the Double Cover?
No, it would help if you take a look at the scan before you put your foot in your mouth again. The DC was bought raw for $175 back in the day. The 9.2 is gone because I wanted to keep the DC. makepoint.gif
893censored-thumb.gif