• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the most money you have paid for a single comic?

143 posts in this topic

i have yet to spend more then 300 on a single book. first i've been collecting for some time so i got allot of nice books before prices went nutty.

another thing for the longest time i felt strangely guilty spending a ton on one book when my entire collection wasn't that large. kind of like (and this is a horrible analogy) but before you can hit a home run you have to hit a single?

you know what i'm saying. i've wondered if i we're the only one who felt that way.

and just for referance i make around 60 grand a year and the wife make around 35.

we have a house mortage of 1500 a month and one 300 dollar car payment.

Around $1200 on a hulk 1

Still got it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nah. Sold off pretty much all of my nice books. I collect nintendo stuff now.... 3k for a nintendo game is my new record for a collectible insane.gif

Still like discussing comic book history though.

Around $1200 on a hulk 1

Nah. Sold off pretty much all of my nice books. I collect nintendo stuff now.... 3k for a nintendo game is my new record for a collectible insane.gif

What the heck sells for 3K? 893whatthe.gif

Well...I HAVE to know what Nintendo game sells for $3K ---oh...wait...do you collect the actual Arcade stand-ups?

As for myself, I spent $800 for a TMNT #1 1st, but I had one from way back and sold it at a small profit. For keeper comics, I have hit the $400-$600 range.

Now that I am starting to get more serious about the Donald Duck, WDC&S, and Uncle Scrooge books I want -- I think I may find myself breaking new heights soon!

Around $1200 on a hulk 1

What the heck sells for 3K? 893whatthe.gif

The World Championship carts go for at least that much if I remember correctly. I know the grey version sold for a ton awhile back, and the gold is even more expensive.

I want to make a big purchase on a silver age key. But i'd like to know what others have paid. There is a price point where I start feeling uneasy.....

Comic Book - $400

OA - $800

Still haven't got up the nerve to break the 1K barrier.

I got the nerve but not the K.

Send me your K and that'll solve both our problems. flowerred.gif

Its in my avatar. Its an unopened copy of the rarest/most desirable of the commercially released NES games (stadium events). No other unopened copies known of at this point except one in the manufacturer's pop culture museum. Very limited production (some say 2-3K) with most of those being recalled if rumors are true. So just a cart is tough to find (about $800), with box and book hasn't been on ebay in two years but was $1800 last time, and sealed/unopened I paid 3k for. Considered it a good deal actually blush.gif

The other poster was right about the world champ carts being worth at least that also.