• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are people starting to actually appreciate great golden age comics?

206 posts in this topic

Watching there boards over the last few months, I see the beginning of a rather disturbing trend.

Talk about staple placement, pressing, bindery tears and spine rolls is on a decline. And is being replaced by talk about how great these books really are. STOP IT!

Stephen

Steve,

I just went to the beginning of this thread to see your intial post ( above ). You can do what you want and communicate how you wish, but these people you are yelling "STOP IT" to...aren't they your own customers expressing their thoughts on various topics, as is their right to do?

I can't imagine a disrespectful blast like this is good for business..#1 dealer in the world or not. This does not exactly motivate me to go on your website or call you to see what you have for sale. I'm all for the idea of a thread that focuses on the positives...like how great GA books are, but I don't believe you get positive results by starting with an extreme negative..........I'm done ranting now.

i thought his statement was more positive than negative. trying to sustain good mojo for GA books.

Yup. That's the way I read it as this thread, while obviously entertaining to some, was looking more like something from the General Forum.

Absolutely the way I read it....just a bit of light sarcasm, making a POSITIVE point. Obviously, that was the way the intial listers took it with their shared celebration of GA collecting and the lack of posting discord in this forum as opposed to other comic forums....I know it is tough with the "neutral tone" of internet discourse.....but come on.....at least assume a post is looking at the glass half full and not half empty.......jon

Forget the other title that has something to do with a 1962 Spider. let's turn this thread into a MARVEL MYSTERY THREAD. This is a GA aprreciation thread? right? marvelmystery11cgc5.5.jpg

jkrk,

Looks familiar... 893whatthe.gif Probably because I was the seller (eBay: Stars-and-Stripes)!!! hi.gif It's always a pleasure being able to connect the dots from an eBay/Comiclink transaction here in the Forum.

Congrats, jkrk. Enjoy the great book! Thanks again for your business! 893applaud-thumb.gif

GE

Metro had an unrestored vg/fine [4 months ago].It was on the site for a few months before that.Why did you let it go???? About 31k

Financially I wasn't in a position to buy it.

Metro had an unrestored vg/fine [4 months ago].It was on the site for a few months before that.Why did you let it go???? About 31k

Financially I wasn't in a position to buy it.

Start winning a few cases! poke2.gif

Here's why I collect golden age: a great Alex Schomberg cover that has nothing to do with the inside story, a 10 page classic Bill Everett Sub-Mariner story, and the first Simon and Kirby Vision!

It been restored and its been cracked, but I could care less. It's still magic to me. cloud9.gif

I wish that Timely's were cheaper so I could afford more!

<center>

mm13cracked.jpg<br><br>

</center>

<center>

MM13back.jpg<br><br>

</center>

Hey post that puppy above in the threat about salivating promotional ads!!! thumbsup2.gif