• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What titles have you wanted to read but just haven't yet?

20 posts in this topic

I have quite a few, but I'll get to them eventually. Here's my short list.

[*] SA X-Men (I've the first issue and the crossover in ToS 49)

[*] SA Fantastic Four (I've read some of the early issues)

[*] Cerebus the Aarvark

[*] SA Strange Tales

[*] Early SA Daredevil

I have a complete set of Alan Moore Swamp Things (20-64), but have yet to read them all. I will though!

Yeah - that reminds me, I have a full set of Vertigo Sandman that I haven't read....,

The Age of Apocalypse storyline (I know, I'm late for that party) Gonna pick up the trades when I have some ching.

Read the first two collected Sandman trades. Will finish that in the future.

Just picked up Vol. 1 on the Ultimates and read it this weekend. Art was cool. Storyline was mildly entertaining. Especially the Hulk's horny rampage through Manhattan. God. Imagine what he would have done had he caught Betty...

Want to read:

Preacher

Moore's From Hell, Swamp Thing, and Miracleman, (WHENEVER Gaiman and McFarlane stop filing lawsuits at one another and just get the damn things back in print. I refuse to plop down $150 for a trade paperback)

I stopped by at the local library the other night and picked up a bunch of TPB's. (I haven't been there in about 2 years and was amazed how many were there. )

I got:

THe Showcase: House Of Mystery collection which has been fun to read. (love the Wrightson and Adams art. )

The New X-Men collection by Grant Morrison

Flash Rogue War

X-Men: Deadly Genesis

DC & Marvel Crossover Classics ( I have those first 4 - Supes & Spidey, Bats & Hulk, Titans & X - Men. But it's easier than hauling them out again.

Teen Titans Archive #2 which does the 80's Perez-Wolfman series from #10 - 20 I believe. Again, it's just like above in that I own them but it's easier to read them again this way.

There were more and I'll catch them at the library at the next time.

The Age of Apocalypse storyline (I know, I'm late for that party) Gonna pick up the trades when I have some ching.

Read the first two collected Sandman trades. Will finish that in the future.

Just picked up Vol. 1 on the Ultimates and read it this weekend. Art was cool. Storyline was mildly entertaining. Especially the Hulk's horny rampage through Manhattan. God. Imagine what he would have done had he caught Betty...

Want to read:

Preacher

Moore's From Hell, Swamp Thing, and Miracleman, (WHENEVER Gaiman and McFarlane stop filing lawsuits at one another and just get the damn things back in print. I refuse to plop down $150 for a trade paperback)

hi.gif Kev

For me: Preacher and Y the Last Man (just bought the 1st 6 trades)

[*] SA X-Men (I've the first issue and the crossover in ToS 49)

gossip.gif Don't bother ...

That bad, huh?

I was just reading a reprint of FF Annual #3 for the first time and I was reminded as to why I don't really care for SA Marvels. I've tried to like them. Honest, I have. But once I started reading DC comics, I've had trouble reading them. And I think I've put my finger on why that is.

Too much verbiage!

I've heard about the Marvel method of writing comics. Write the story and dialogue and shoe-horn in the art around it. Ugh! Instead of telling me what is going on in every single panel, how about you STFU and just let the art tell me the story. Perhaps it stems from the fact that Stan Lee loves to hear himself talk. I don' t know. But I find old DC comics much more readable than old Marvel comics. All that extra narration and extraneous discourse just gets in the way of the story. IMO.

That being said, FF Annual #3 was an action packed romp with some great SA art. I've just learned to gloss over the excess narration and dialogue as much as possible.