• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

I would have to pass....I would not spend $100,000 or whatever those books sold for if they have been restored and have a blue label. You can't be a little pregnant, and if a blue label books has graders notes such as "small amount of glue on spine" or "very small amount of color touch" , then it's a restored book, and should have a purple label.The only graders notes acceptable for me in that price range are "off-white pages" or "from the collection of Nicholas Cage". I'm sure I'll hear some flack for this comment, but I know I'm right on this issue...so, let the criticisms fall as they may tonofbricks.gif

Check it out Showcase-4. I put a purple label atop your avatar.

1510094-showcase-4.jpg

RUN AWAY! UNCLEAN! UNCLEAN!

1510094-showcase-4.jpg.c653fdf1466edca1385797c7390a3186.jpg

subby 3. Lots of Everett art in that issue thumbsup2.gif and unrestored to boot.

EDIT - 893scratchchin-thumb.gifm, not sure after seeing the restoration on the tec35 is only a clean and press. The subby 3 is probably cleaned and pressed too insane.gif

At the same dollar level I'd take the subby almost every time.. but in this case the purple level might have depressed the price too much. I guess I'd take the tec 35 in this case too, but I love the subby.

Don't know if you're kidding or not, but I seriously doubt that Chicago copy of Subby 3 is cleaned and pressed. Chicagos are uniformly very high grade with clean, white, sharp, glossy covers right out of the gate.

gossip.gif The Chicago pedigree Sub-mariner #3 was purchased from Heritage as a CGC 9.0. It was then cleaned/pressed and resubmitted to CGC. It later resold through Heritage as a CGC 9.6.

gossip.gif The Chicago pedigree Sub-mariner #3 was purchased from Heritage as a CGC 9.0. It was then cleaned/pressed and resubmitted to CGC. It later resold through Heritage as a CGC 9.6.

........and that's why I love our hobby. Never any deception, manipulation, or smoke and mirrors games played due to greed. It's like the entire industry is run by a bunch of nuns !

Don't know if you're kidding or not, but I seriously doubt that Chicago copy of Subby 3 is cleaned and pressed. Chicagos are uniformly very high grade with clean, white, sharp, glossy covers right out of the gate.

Now its my turn to not be sure if filter is kidding or not, but one thing is for sure - a pedigree designation hardly guarantees it is untouched.