• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Detective 31 for me as well! It is one of my all-time favorite books!

B ! tch please, I would go for the 35. I have definitely seen more 31s over the years, plus I like the ow pages better. But I definitely agree 31 is one of the best GA covers.

hello all...

on the heritage auction, I believe I stopped bidding at $12K on the 31, but was the underbidder (or second underbidder) on the 35 copy...again, for me, it was because I had seen a half dozen unrestored 31's for sale at that time, and that was only the 2nd unrestored 35 (and highest graded I had seen, with a 2.5 that I passed on, because I was winning the 35 at the time) ....which cover is more "classic"...the 31, of course, has long been considered one of the ultimate GA covers....which book is higher quality, likely the 35 with superior page quality....

which would I choose...I think it would be easier to find a 31 than a 35 in that grade, so based strictly on "rareness" I would choose the 35...

rick

Now what are you guys going to choose, and why? both sold for $8,625. The coverless book is Tec 27.

1555125-action102.jpg

............or

1555125-tec-coverless.jpg

I will go with the coverless Detective 27, it is about the only way I will be able to afford one anymore (unless I luck into one, or some kind soul does a cash/trade deal with me one day).

The goofy cover Actions were never my favorites. I always preferred the more serious Superman.

Now what are you guys going to choose, and why? both sold for $8,625. The coverless book is Tec 27.

1555125-action102.jpg

Believe it or not, Action for me. I like and collect Batman coverless GA issues, but I don't go out of my way for them plus that Action is just incredible. With how white and bright it looks, I could use it to light my house at night.

1555125-action102.jpg

Believe it or not, Action for me. I like and collect Batman coverless GA issues, but I don't go out of my way for them plus that Action is just incredible. With how white and bright it looks, I could use it to light my house at night.

I used to own this one too. The Action #102 is AMAZING! It was also featured on the "KILLER PAGE" of Mile Highs in an early Overstreet price guide that featured the Action Comics #102, All American #61, Flash #92 anf Flash #104 MH copies. Truely incredible premiere DC Mile Highs!

West

Coverless Tec 27 in a hearbeat. I'd get a nice laser repro cover for it for the time being and who knows, maybe down the road I might come across a cover - I've seen one on ebay before. Then I'd just need a justice of the peace to join the two in holy matrimony. cloud9.gifacclaim.gif

Action 102. Timely (West) always had a good eye for sweet Church copies.

I need a little advice. This is the perfect thread to do it!!

My local comic shop has just bought a small GA collection. Wants to sell a few books to me.

Which one would you choose?

Here are my choices:

- All-Star #22 CGC 6.5

- Captain America #27 CGC 3.0

- Four Favorites #1 CGC 7.5

I have already set aside a Joe Palooka #2 -Hilter cover (1943) in VG

My local comic shop has just bought a small GA collection. Wants to sell a few books to me.

Here are my choices:

- All-Star #22 CGC 6.5

The Cap 27 has a classic and sought after cover. Does it present well, and what's the price?

Here are my choices:

- All-Star #22 CGC 6.5

The Cap is probably the best investment.