• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Which one would you choose. Now these two books have similar asking prices and will probably not be purchased anytime soon for those amounts. Just figured I give this a try.

RAD86F8A200493_01448.jpg

or....

XMen-1-98PC.jpg

For the same money Bat 1

Okay than how about this one. This one should be interesting 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

FF-1-96DS.jpg

or...

RAD86F8A200493_01448.jpg

You'd think I, a big-time GA guy, would pick the Batman. But no, this time I'm going with FF in 9.6. I think FF #1 and Showcase #4 are two under-appreciated SA keys (relative to the other big SA books like Amazing Fantasy and X-Men), while Batman #1 is relatively common for a GA key, even in high grade.

Okay than how about this one. This one should be interesting 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

FF-1-96DS.jpg

or...

RAD86F8A200493_01448.jpg

good...an easy one....

FF#1

I've said it before and I'll say it again...virtually nothing beats a super high grade unrestored FF1...and this copy has WHITE pages to seal the deal

That BAT #1 is at the top of the census and is owned by Danial and it is awesome.

Obviously a Goldenage Guy is going to pick the Bat and a Silver age boy is going to pick th FF1. They are both at the top of the census so Im going to have to use popularity as the final yardstick.Fantastic 4 has picked on the wrong guy. Batman is more popular.

That BAT #1 is at the top of the census and is owned by Danial and it is awesome.

Obviously a Goldenage Guy is going to pick the Bat and a Silver age boy is going to pick th FF1. They are both at the top of the census so Im going to have to use popularity as the final yardstick.Fantastic 4 has picked on the wrong guy. Batman is more popular.

Nice summation. I agree. Although, I would love to own both!!

I would take the Batman over both without hesitation, even though it looks like it was pressed.

I was thinking the same thing about it being pressed. I think 50 years from now that Batman 1 will still be historically significant, but I'm not sure if the FF1 will mean as much except to collectors. I thing AF15 is the only silver Marvel that can compete with Batman and Superman Keys.This is just my thoughts on it.

I would take the Batman over both without hesitation, even though it looks like it was pressed.

I was thinking the same thing about it being pressed. I think 50 years from now that Batman 1 will still be historically significant, but I'm not sure if the FF1 will mean as much except to collectors. I thing AF15 is the only silver Marvel that can compete with Batman and Superman Keys.This is just my thoughts on it.

Totally agree. Batman 1 over both.