• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

I dont think showey is closed minded. He wants to collect the best ! That is a goal amongst many collectors. I dont look at it as limiting at all. A better word is I look at it as a challange!!!!

And oh the reward if you can achieve it !

Honestly, I do collect the very best I can and am willing to wait for it to come around[no matter how tuff] because believe it or not it always does if you are VERY patient. No matter how rare, with patience I have found it.

This is just what I enjoy.

1. All labels good, color doesn't matter!

2. All information good-Full disclosure stablizes market and values!

3. New guide for GA with comparative sales and averaged real market values for current guide value! Key issue sales high and low with factors of books such as resto, pedigree, ect...

4.Oregon Duck football Rules!

5. and I love beer and comics!

I'm not sure how the rules to Oregon Duck football apply to comics, or if there is really enough available info for the kind of guide you're looking for, but beer and comics - (thumbs u

Honestly, I do collect the very best I can and am willing to wait for it to come around[no matter how tuff] because believe it or not it always does if you are VERY patient. No matter how rare, with patience I have found it.

This is just what I enjoy.

Part of the fun for me is passing on a book because its going for a premium on a dealer's site or auction house only to find it sometime later on ebay at a discount.

You make your money when you buy. Stocks, Real estate, Comics, doesn't matter. Being patient pays.

Sorry to collaterize the hobby we all love with the above comment, but I always pay attention to what's being paid for a book. When you aren't made of money and have to be selective with your funds, the bottom line matters.

3. New guide for GA with comparative sales and averaged real market values for current guide value! Key issue sales high and low with factors of books such as resto, pedigree, ect...

I'm not sure how the rules to Oregon Duck football apply to comics, or if there is really enough available info for the kind of guide you're looking for, but beer and comics - (thumbs u

you know, I didn't even know Oregon had a football team?...isn't that an all girls school? :baiting:

gator

Back on topic, I would probably take the Batman #1

Off topic, I would like a 10 point scale. What would a 10 be? Frankenbook w/ most of the cover replaced, glued spine, taped/cleaned/pressed pages, and a bunch of other forms of restoration I can't even imagine?

Sign me up for a 10 point restoration grading scale... and I think I would lean toward dumping the purple label as well...but that seems less important than the 10 point scale. The labels above though are a little convoluted... it should just be a 0 to 10 scale printed below the grade on each book, with more detailed notes in the regular location.

The reaction to this concept of a 10-point restoration grading scale with a uni-colour label seems to be a lot more receptive on this go round. (thumbs u

Just don't try suggesting this on the General boards. Whenever I bring it up over there, they seem to think you are the devil incarnate spewing out utter blasphemy. lol:screwy:

Sign me up for a 10 point restoration grading scale... and I think I would lean toward dumping the purple label as well...but that seems less important than the 10 point scale. The labels above though are a little convoluted... it should just be a 0 to 10 scale printed below the grade on each book, with more detailed notes in the regular location.

The reaction to this concept of a 10-point restoration grading scale with a uni-colour label seems to be a lot more receptive on this go round. (thumbs u

:gossip: It's also possible that some folks don't want to re-plow old ground without a reason.

:gossip: It's also possible that some folks don't want to re-plow old ground without a reason.

There is ample reason. I personally am not for the uni-label concept, but am a big proponent of the resto 10 point scale.

Many books are getting clobbered with an Extensive or Moderate when they needn't be. If there was a 10 point scale frankenbooks and books with quite a bit less resto would have the proper distance from one another on the scale.

you know, I didn't even know Oregon had a football team?...isn't that an all girls school? :baiting:

gator

hey, why don't you wait 'til your team does something of note before you make fun of someone else's favorite....wait a minute--oh, yeah, now i remember. never mind.

There is ample reason. I personally am not for the uni-label concept, but am a big proponent of the resto 10 point scale.

Many books are getting clobbered with an Extensive or Moderate when they needn't be. If there was a 10 point scale frankenbooks and books with quite a bit less resto would have the proper distance from one another on the scale.

I think there was consensus then and would be now for a better restoration scale. The uni-color label was the subject that was most contentious the last go round.

The answer is the 7.5 copy.

The 9.2s have restoration on them with blue labels.

Do you think the 7.5 should be worth the most?

The answer is the 7.5 copy.

The 9.2s have restoration on them with blue labels.

Do you think the 7.5 should be worth the most?

Why yes I do! Then I could buy the other copy for cheaper....oh wait, I still couldn't afford it without Mortgaging my house!

But if I did have the dough, I would take the Mile High copy with ultra slight conservation over the 7.5 for same and more money. I would go for the universally known best copy. That is if I could afford and was in the market for a MF 52!

gator

hey, why don't you wait 'til your team does something of note before you make fun of someone else's favorite....wait a minute--oh, yeah, now i remember. never mind.

We are the boys from old Florida

F - L - O - R - I - D - A

Where the girls are the fairest,

the boys are the squarest

of any old state down our way.

We are all strong for old Florida,

down where the old Gators play.

In all kinds of weather,

we'll all stick together. for

F - L - O - R - I - D - A

That is an excellent question richard. I dont think so , but is is close.

My point in posting that question was to show the confusion of the all blue label for restored books.The respondent thought that the blue label meant it was unrestored[and he is experienced!] IMAGIN HOW NEW GUYS ARE GOING TO BE CONFUSED.......Just because a book is in a blue label does not mean the book is unrestored is the lesson to me.

That is an excellent question richard. I dont think so , but is is close.

My point in posting that question was to show the confusion of the all blue label for restored books.The respondent thought that the blue label meant it was unrestored[and he is experienced!] IMAGIN HOW NEW GUYS ARE GOING TO BE CONFUSED.......Just because a book is in a blue label does not mean the book is unrestored is the lesson to me.

Was the minor resto noted on the Blue Label? If so, how on God's green earth could the respondent be confused, does he lack basic reading skills was he complacent in researching his 150K purchase and at that point just look at the color of label and numerical grade on slab? Was the slight resto mentioned on advertisment? Or was this a private sale?

Just curious.

Paul