• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

I'd take the More Fun.

I like the Spectre more than WW and rarity is a key factor.

How often is an unrestored MF#52 available?

rarely!....

:)

gator

Whats funny is I think the More Fun cover is kinda pedestrian, while the AS8 is striking.

Eye of the beholder I guess.

Ze-

I agree with you Kenny. I think the AS cover is awesome, but the MF cover is pretty weak.

the AS8 is striking.

Ze-

a bunch of costumed freaks staring at a snow globe with 2 little costumed freaks inside....big deal!

Steve

It's called composition, and layout. :gossip:

I see money can't buy good taste!

:o

:kidaround:

:hi:

I'd take the More Fun....and the spectre has a ton of potential for future story lines if DC would ever really get him involved. Plus with the aging collectors, the spectre is a better grittier read in general.

Spectre for the next 30 years until we all die off, and then WW for all those people that grew up on care bears.

I'd take the More Fun....and the spectre has a ton of potential for future story lines if DC would ever really get him involved. Plus with the aging collectors, the spectre is a better grittier read in general.

Spectre for the next 30 years until we all die off, and then WW for all those people that grew up on care bears.

about 10 years ago, John Ostrander and Tom Mandrake had perhaps one of the best modern runs of comics I have ever read...the Spectre....and, even though they managed 5 years before cancellation, it still got canceled (and this when books were selling 100,000 copies each, easily)....

so, I don't hold my breath for a spectre series to be brought back...in the past year, DC has tried 2x, and I liked both Spectre storylines, but they just lack the popularity to maintain any sales momentum...

WW, on the other hand...tremendously undervalued right now (speaking on the vintage side of comics)....and, tremendously popular now as well

rick

Plus it always helps to have the superhero on the cover of his 1st appearence which All Star 8 does not..

Never seems to hurt Pep 22.

And I'll vote for AS 8 also.

Give me the high census for one of the top 5 heroes vs. a future Whiz #1 any day.

Your using an exception as the rule. Its the other way around.

Of course it helps the comic to have the Star on the cover.Why do you think they do it. There are exceptions like Pep 22. That Archie 1 is a hell of a nicer cover however.

Plus it always helps to have the superhero on the cover of his 1st appearence which All Star 8 does not..

Never seems to hurt Pep 22.

my man Sean sure knows his stuff! ( I think he's ALWAYS right :gossip: ...must be a billionaire by now )

Put me down for Wonder Woman too. For all you Spectre fans, just get the AS8 now and sell it toward a MF52 when the movie opens!

I agree with the comments that when the hero doesnt appear on the cover of his first apearance it "hurts" the book. But, WE all know which books are the keys. So the only ones who might be affected by no hero covers would be naifs to comics. But, clearly, should any of these "outsiders" begin collecting, I think its a sure bet that they would quickly adopt OUR existing scale of importance, and no longer worry that WW or Archie isnt on the cover, and buy those books for what they represent historically to the hobby. As we do.

So as long as AS8 is the first appearance of WW, it will maintain its status.

in MF52s favor, too, will be it greater scarcity, which might outweigh the Spectres waning viability. MF52 still remains one of the mainstays of GA DC comics.

Actually I think the fact that the Spectre is on the cover of the AS#8 and Wonder Woman is not is a bonus. Honestly I don't see the WW as being a big draw, never have. As Aman has indicated scarcity plays a big part in the MF Spectre lure but they are also some of the best GA covers going and I just don't see WW as having that big of a demand/appeal? I don't know of too many people that collect WW issues but most GA collectors here love Spectre MF's.

I agree that Sensation #1 is the absolute bomb in terms of the best cover on an early appearance of WW. It's pure classic! However, this takes nothing away from MF #52, which is mysterious and eerie looking, and has that "look" of a really early book. Both are pretty spectacular, for different reasons.

I don't know of too many people that collect WW issues but most GA collectors here love Spectre MF's.

thank you Surfer.....well said. I stick by by "More Fun 52 in a nano-second" choice. AS8 is mid-shelf, while MF52 is and always has been top-shelf, and there I believe it will remain. The book is truly Scarce, and continues to be in VERY high demand, with no signs of weakening.........a great book does not need a movie to make it stay great....I haven't seen Suspense 3 being advertised at my local movie theatre, and it's doing just fine....

Steve