• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
1 1

5,844 posts in this topic

I remember the first time he posted those, my jaw dropped to the floor! Amazing enough, it just happened again! BZ, those books of yours are really quite stunning. Your collection is about as diverse and extensive as one can get. If you ever want help rebagging I will bring the Mylars, full back and white gloves.

:golfclap:

Thanks, Mr. S.

I love your enthusiasm.

It's collectors like you who make this hobby so much fun. :applause:

This "what would you choose?" thread is silly to me (sorry). While it does stir up some great dialogue and some funny posts, every time two books are posted and I am asked to choose, my first reaction is "I'll take both!"

4.0 Detective 27 vs. 8.0 Detective 31 ... I'll take both

Showcase 4 vs. Adventure 72 ... pick 'em, ...I'll take both

All American 16 vs. Detective 38 ... why choose, ...I'll take both

9.6 Amazing Fantasy 15 vs. 6.5 Action 1... If you have that much money, why would you care...I'll take both.

The fun is in pretending.

That's just it. When I look at my "pretend" collection, it is complete and everything is in high grade. I love my pretend collection! :cloud9:

That's just it. When I look at my "pretend" collection, it is complete and everything is in high grade. I love my pretend collection! :cloud9:

Richard...buddy.....my "pretend" thread in just 10 months has had 32,242 views and 2,605 posts...ain't nothing silly about those kinda numbers! :makepoint:

Steve

Richard...buddy.....my "pretend" thread in just 10 months has had 32,242 views and 2,605 posts...ain't nothing silly about those kinda numbers! :makepoint:

Steve

It's kind of silly that you know that information...

Steve

it's kinda silly to call me kinda silly when you have 3 stores to manage, and you are playing around on these message Boards :baiting:

Steve

it's kinda silly to call me kinda silly when you have 3 stores to manage, and you are playing around on these message Boards :baiting:

I play at the stores. With 32,242 views and 2,605 posts, this is obviously serious business.

I'll take the Tec 31. That big chunk missing from the 27 is a turnoff. Plus the 31 is worth more $.

:gossip: I doubt it

Give me a G give me a P give me a A...

That Tec 27 only sold for 35 or 40K, while the 31 guide and half or doubled Oversrtreet

days past...

a vg tec 27 today would sell for $90-$100,000

a vf tec 31 today would sell for $65-$75,000

tec 27 in a landslide, from the financial aspect

rick

That Tec 27 only sold for 50K in '04. It's really gone up to 90K in the last 3 years (doubled)?

A lot of the major books have, a Tec #31 CGC 5.0 sold for $8,000 in 2004, then $13,500 in Novemeber 2006, the Crippin 5.5 sold for $17,327 a year ago so these books are red hot and no signs of slowing down.

Showcase 4 in a hearbeat!

That Adv 72 went for way too much in that auction. I was shocked two people actually bid it up that high considering there is a 9.2 on Clink for 13,800! :screwy:

Even though I'd rather collect GA Adventures than SA Flash books, I have to agree. Adv 72 is a character revamp by S & K - and they didn't even do the cover. A minor key in my estimation - whereas Showcase 4 is undeniably a major SA key. Mainly I'd pick it because I think it would sell for more than the Adv 72 if they both came to market again.

Anyone remember how much the unrestored CGC 6.0 Tec #27 on Metro went for?

I think they were asking $150k

I believe it was around $160K, and is potentially available again, for a small premium over that

gator