• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Is that 8.5 the 2nd nicest copy know to exist??

Really, I think it probably is...Surprisingly the TOP 2 census copies both have negitive notes attached to them[the 8.5 and 7.5. The highest grades with no notes attached[i call them clean books] are the two 6.5s...

thats a Fishler question.Anderson is established as the top guy as we all know.

Even Geppi does not own a high grade copy.The museum copy and the court copies are restored.I think that as high grade copies come out you will be surprised by how many have resto and in particular how many will have blue labels with hotes.In my opinion it will be incredibly rare to find a totally unrestored high grade Action 1 with no notes.

Really, I think it probably is...Surprisingly the TOP 2 census copies both have negitive notes attached to them[the 8.5 and 7.5. The highest grades with no notes attached[i call them clean books] are the two 6.5s...

...and Peter, how does it feel to own one of the 6.5's ???

I don't know about you guys, but when I own a great, high demand book, there is an emotional reward that has nothing to do with money.....it is that "I've got one!" emotion that only a fellow collector can relate to and appreciate.

Steve

I would take the Action 1.

What would CGC do if you just removed the offending staple with no replacement? Would that get a Universal grade?

without the staples? I say it would be a Good copy at best.You dont want to rid the staples.iTS MUCH BETTER TO KEEP THE RUST.

Its tuff to look at a V.F book with rusted staples without sayin[what a shame]its no ones fault.Its even tougher to say[how did it get an 8.5 grade with the rust i guess cgc is saying the book is a 9.4 if it had no rust.I mean, it had to lose at least a point for the rust,right?

...and Peter, how does it feel to own one of the 6.5's ???

I don't know about you guys, but when I own a great, high demand book, there is an emotional reward that has nothing to do with money.....it is that "I've got one!" emotion that only a fellow collector can relate to and appreciate.

Steve

Im tryin to do the same thing again with a Detective 27.Sure I can find a Detective 27 restored.I can even find a blue label tec27 in a blue label[with notes] But the real Gem and rarity in this hobby is finding a totally unrestored tec27 with no notes on the slab.That is the true holy grail of holy grails.To find a totally untouched book with all 100 percent of it origanal.I really dont think everyone realizes how rare that is. rare for Action 1,Tec27,and Superman 1.Alot rarer than you ever thought.You will see.

I know people will come on and say that they dont mind the very small dot color touch in a blue holder but there a big difference between someone who cant afford the book and saying they dont mind and someone who can offord the book and saying they dont mind.The last is a rare breed indeed.Remember this,you have to say to yourself with a 7.0 tec27 in a blue holder with notes of slight glue,

250k couldnt even buy you a totally unrestored book!

I cant accept that,sorry

I know people will come on and say that they dont mind the very small dot color touch in a blue holder but there a big difference between someone who cant afford the book and saying they dont mind and someone who can offord the book and saying they dont mind.The last is a rare breed indeed.

:hi:

hey Pete, just listened to your Comic Zone show with Vinnie from the summer of '06,.. it was very interesting and one of my favorite CZ shows.

you can really tell how passionate and enthusiastic you are about your books.

Ya know your actually the 1st person to mention it to me.Im honored and flattered.

Thanks ,Happy New Year!!

really ?? I love CZ shows, I listen to them all the time at work.. I thought it funny how you mentioned that you have your room where your collection is, and your wife doesn't want you to bring any of the stuff out from that room into the rest of the house. lol

hey Pete, just listened to your Comic Zone show with Vinnie from the summer of '06,.. it was very interesting and one of my favorite CZ shows.

link ?

link ?

www.comiczoneradio.com

you will have to scroll down the list of shows to this one dated:

2006-06-28 Superman Returns Director Bryan Singer Interview (Segment 3)

Pete's interview is in Segment 3.

Edited by thedude

Yep,thats where you will find me.

I was in scoop also with pics if you want to see how handsome i am

P. I enjoyed your scoop article...you and me would make one heck of a show stopper!