• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Oh ! Boy!! That is a hard call for me . I'll still take the Action # 1 if hard pressed. even though I don't like the rusted staple in such a high grade. :screwy: I own copies of AF # 15, FF # 1 Spidey# 1 & X-Men # 1. Silver Age collector at heart , Definately not in those grades , mine are low grade Good , VG's .Love them all the same , but for the last dozen years or so I love my Golden age also, Hell , I just love comics I'll take them all.

Happy New Year Guys .

I'd lobby to have cgc declare staple replacement to NOT be resoration and take the Action 1.

Don't replaced staples get a blue label if the staples are contemporary with the book? How hard could it be to get some non-rusty 1938 staples?

would you still take the marvels if it didn [THE ACTION] have the rusted staples?

WE ARE TALKIN A 1 MILLION DOLLAR BOOK..........

I would still take the Action even with rusted staples in that grade like I stated . even though those Marvels are beautys. But , were talking Action # 1 the Grail , everything else follows. For me it's nice to dream. Even though I have low grade copies of AF # 15 Spidey #1 , etc. Action comics # 1 , Never had , probably never will, with todays prices. To perchance to dream. :cloud9:

Over time will the rust on the staples migrate onto the book?

CC

rust never sleeps

Bill this is one case where I think CGC should allow for staple replacement without it triggering a PLOD. I would hate for a book of this caliber to develop severe spine damage because of a money issue. Clearly this would be "conservation".

CC

Over time will the rust on the staples migrate onto the book?

CC

rust never sleeps

Bill this is one case where I think CGC should allow for staple replacement without it triggering a PLOD. I would hate for a book of this caliber to develop severe spine damage because of a money issue. Clearly this would be "conservation".

CC

Replaced staples, if its the only work done on the book, will normally get a qualified label. At least thats been the case lately from what I have noticed.

I would actually consider repacing the staples with GA staples . It would just be a terrifying wait while it was being done. I've owned books with rusted staples that had no rust migration to the paper and this one looks like it might be the same, since I don't see any staining on the cover. So another school of thought is to just store it in the most stable environment possible.