• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

This is the kind of choice I like because it's tough but both options lead to happiness! :cloud9:

Having an unrestored copy of Superman 1 would be awesome, especially with OW pages and a pedigree. Having such a good copy of an issue that someone picked up at the local store almost 70 years ago would be pretty amazing.

However, Action 1 is Action 1 and since an unrestored copy would cost multiples of what this went for, I'd have to take the Action 1.

Action 1

a more divisive choice would have been high grade restored Action #1 vs low grade unrestored Tec #27.

I choose the lower grade Detective 27 :foryou:

I would take the 27 in a heartbeat (thumbs u

hm ... and I am going to take a wild guess that George would take the 27 as well

Action 1, because is the Key of Keys (and I still don't appreciate Superman #1 as important as it is ;) )

I will try to ehance your appreciation ;)

Superman #1 is a MONSTER MEGA-KEY........hence the $83,000 paid for a low-mid grade copy. The 1st major Superhero getting his own self-named title, and the 1st major Superhero self-named title of them all. A 1939 landmark, history changing issue that is MUCH more important / deisrable then Batman #1- as an example ( IMO ). It's one thing if Superman appears in Action Comics, and Batman appears in Detective Comics.....but it's a whole other ball game to have the comic book title named after and dedicated to a single Superhero....an experimental type of comic book for the time period. Rarely surfacing completely unrestored as is the case with this copy, an unrestored VG/F Superman #1 with off-white pages and a pedigree as well, which adds icing on the cake, is a true GRAIL

I choose the unrestored Supes #1 in 1 second over the restored Action ( suprise suprise )

West ---- :foryou: regarding your previous book ( action 1 )

Steve

Action 1

a more divisive choice would have been high grade restored Action #1 vs low grade unrestored Tec #27.

I choose the lower grade Detective 27 :foryou:

I would take the 27 in a heartbeat (thumbs u

hm ... and I am going to take a wild guess that George would take the 27 as well

yep

i would take action 1 in any condition any day

that is an awesome looking copy :cloud9: $83,000 seems like a good price - what would an unrestored 7.5 go for - $500,000???

I would think ( but just a hunch ) you could add a few hundred thousand more dollars to your estimate.......and we both might still be low

An unrestored 7.5 hitting the market may be a once in a lifetime opportunity, and there's plenty of bucks out there to gobble something up like this

$83,000 seems like a good price - what would an unrestored 7.5 go for - $500,000???

I would think ( but just a hunch ) you could add a few hundred thousand more dollars to your estimate.......and we both might still be low

That would be a mighty big jump (3x) over what the 6.5 sold for last year. It would be a great book no doubt, but I'm not sure if it's ready for that big a leap yet.

I would choose the Superman # 1 IN 5.5 Unrestored over a 7.5 restored Action 1 because even though sold for the same price,The potential for growth to the upside is greater with the unrestored Suerman # 1. The future of RESTORED is still shakey in my view. The future of Unrestored is very clear.They are the Diamond standard and unrestored keys are alot rarer than you ever thought,RIGHT?