• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

$83,000 seems like a good price - what would an unrestored 7.5 go for - $500,000???

I would think ( but just a hunch ) you could add a few hundred thousand more dollars to your estimate.......and we both might still be low

That would be a mighty big jump (3x) over what the 6.5 sold for last year. It would be a great book no doubt, but I'm not sure if it's ready for that big a leap yet.

This lofty estimate of mine is in part based on the fact that going from 6.5 to 7.5 is the "leap" between mid grade and high grade.......entire different universe for the "big book" of the hobby. Should trigger a whole new multiple, bring in rich and famous bidders, etc etc

Action 1

a more divisive choice would have been high grade restored Action #1 vs low grade unrestored Tec #27.

I choose the lower grade Detective 27 :foryou:

I would take the 27 in a heartbeat (thumbs u

hm ... and I am going to take a wild guess that George would take the 27 as well

Batman over superman in MOHO.

What do you guys think the market would be for a unrestored CGC Action 1 8.5 with White pages?(Not the rusty staple one) Hypothetically speaking

Also the same book in VF/NM 9.0 WP CGC blue also Hypothetically speaking?

I think 900K to 1 mil for 8.5

1mil-1.2 for 9.0?

$83,000 seems like a good price - what would an unrestored 7.5 go for - $500,000???

I would think ( but just a hunch ) you could add a few hundred thousand more dollars to your estimate.......and we both might still be low

That would be a mighty big jump (3x) over what the 6.5 sold for last year. It would be a great book no doubt, but I'm not sure if it's ready for that big a leap yet.

I think a lot is perception.When you lose that fine part of fine + and replace it with very fine that is a huge jump.So in some peoples mind you have a fine verus a very fine.

What do you guys think the market would be for a unrestored CGC Action 1 8.5 with White pages?(Not the rusty staple one) Hypothetically speaking

1mil-1.2 for 9.0?

I think those are pretty high numbers. I don't see someone wanting to pony up that kind of coin for a book that they know isn't going to be the highest graded. It's one thing to pay $1M for the best copy of the best book, but not for the 2nd or 3rd best. Bragging rights need to come with that kind of an investment. Look how much pub Dave Anderson gets on this board - while Geppi is an afterthought (despite having an equally impressive collection).

Keep in mind, the 4.0 that Zaid sold was kind of an aberration - Metro sold a similarly graded copy for substantially less AFTER that sale. I don't think that price translates upward.

1mil-1.2 for 9.0?

I think those are pretty high numbers. I don't see someone wanting to pony up that kind of coin for a book that they know isn't going to be the highest graded. It's one thing to pay $1M for the best copy of the best book, but not for the 2nd or 3rd best. Bragging rights need to come with that kind of an investment. Look how much pub Dave Anderson gets on this board - while Geppi is an afterthought (despite having an equally impressive collection).

I hear what you are saying, but as far as I know the 8.5 is not for sale, and David Anderson's is not for sale. Geppi's has resto from what I hear, and that makes me believe that if someone wanted to purchase the "Best" book available for sale and maybe for a long time then, and tied for highest in census or top of census might very well be a book that reaches 1 mil. Again, thats just my opinion as 8.5 is highest in census, at least unrestored, and to my knowledge that is not a book for sale.

Paul

1mil-1.2 for 9.0?

I hear what you are saying, but as far as I know the 8.5 is not for sale, and David Anderson's is not for sale. Geppi's has resto from what I hear, and that makes me believe that if someone wanted to purchase the "Best" book available for sale and maybe for a long time then, and tied for highest in census or top of census might very well be a book that reaches 1 mil. Again, thats just my opinion as 8.5 is highest in census, at least unrestored, and to my knowledge that is not a book for sale.

Paul

It would sure be interesting if a book like that hit the market.

I would love to see the uproar something like that would cause in the hobby. hm

1mil-1.2 for 9.0?

Paul

It would sure be interesting if a book like that hit the market.

I would love to see the uproar something like that would cause in the hobby. hm

is there still a Malaysian kid slave trade in existence?...I have 4 wonderful children lol

That would be interesting, but not likely....you would think a book like that would have already popped by now, unless BZ or the likes has one tucked away! It would be fun to see what it would do for the hobby. The media attention to the comic world would be huge I would think. Might bring a lot of new collectors.

Had the Captain America Comics 1 and sold it to buy a Batman 1, which incidently sold before I got paid for the Cap 1.....unhappy much? I go for the Bat 1 over anything at the moment. Even a poor!!! Paul.

(worship) Now Paul is a man that has his priorities straight. Well said sir.

Had the Captain America Comics 1 and sold it to buy a Batman 1, which incidently sold before I got paid for the Cap 1.....unhappy much? I go for the Bat 1 over anything at the moment. Even a poor!!! Paul.

(worship) Now Paul is a man that has his priorities straight. Well said sir.

for a "True" batman fan, isn't Detective 27 more of a grail :baiting: