• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Let's kick start this aggain.

Bought both for approximately same amounts.

Which one would you choose and why?

AA16F.jpg

Adv40.jpg

I will take the AA 16. I love both books very much, but the AA has a special place in my heart. So there it is.

KOKO1 Adventure 40! Sandman is way more awesome!

Superman # 1,that’s not even a contest. Far more important character, far more important book. (shrug)

Whats going on here??? The last I saw there was a contest between Double Action and Batman 6.

Post must have been deleted. There was a choice of Superman #1 (in 4.0 I think) and an 8.5 Hulk 1. I had not seen the thread active in some time and it was a new post so I replied. I am 99% sure it was a new post from Steve but... (shrug)

Oh and AA16 on the new question. Such a rare book it would be hard to choose anything over it as who knows when you would get another shot. I don’t think that Adventure 40 is as rare, but I could be mistaken.

Not sure either but both are great. Its just that the Sandman cover is just slightly more awesome.

Oh and AA16 on the new question. Such a rare book it would be hard to choose anything over it as who knows when you would get another shot. I don’t think that Adventure 40 is as rare, but I could be mistaken.

Not sure either but both are great. Its just that the Sandman cover is just slightly more awesome.

I think I'd have to go with the All-American. 1st Green Lantern ever! :cloud9:

I think I'd have to go with the All-American. 1st Green Lantern ever! :cloud9:

By a narrow margin I agree - just too rare, cool and big a key to pass up - though overall I find the idea of collecting Sandman Adventures more appealing than GL All-Americans

George nice couple of books to choose from, this is tough. First thought is the AA#16 because the Lantern is one of my favorite characters and that book is notorious to find in any condition. Same applies to the AA#40, one of my favorite GA covers but the significance of it (or lack therefof) knocks down its "must have" value for me. If it was an 8.0+ grade then it would really be a tough choice but in the end of the you have to go with the AA#16. :cloud9:

I have it as 8 - 7 currently to AA#16.

Both rare and difficult to find. CGC census figures:

Adv #40 8 unrestored - highest 7.0 (this one) - anyone know if there is a Church copy and its grade?

AA #16 13 unrestored - highest 9.4 (Church copy - mine 8th highest)

Rick would know better than me the number that have been seen in the market over the last couple of years but I think unrestored Adv #40s have been less (a relative term in this case) available.

I have it as 8 - 7 currently to AA#16.

Both rare and difficult to find. CGC census figures:

Adv #40 8 unrestored - highest 7.0 (this one) - anyone know if there is a Church copy and its grade?

AA #16 13 unrestored - highest 9.4 (Church copy - mine 8th highest)

Rick would know better than me the number that have been seen in the market over the last couple of years but I think unrestored Adv #40s have been less (a relative term in this case) available.

hm

cgc 3.0 adv 40 (coolj bought)

cgc 7.0 adv 40 (1koko bought)

raw 2.0 adv 40 (I bought and had restored because I wanted to lol )

raw 3.5 AA 16 (offered, don't believe it sold, no longer for sale)

cgc 4.5 AA 16 (1koko bought)

raw 5.5 AA 16 trolley copy, sold, then resold as a pressed cgc 6.0

cgc 5.5 aa 16 sold on clink

cgc 9.4 aa 16 offered, but no sale

a couple of questionable raw ebay copies have popped up now and then too

that is all I know of

rick