• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Interesting follow up cover on that Action #2, especially since the first issue was such a landmark cutting edge issue. Wonder what their mind set was at the time and why they didn't go with another Supes cover?
They didn't get the sale numbers back until a few issues later.

Interesting follow up cover on that Action #2, especially since the first issue was such a landmark cutting edge issue. Wonder what their mind set was at the time and why they didn't go with another Supes cover?

this exact question plaques me day and night and it is the reason why action #2 is my all time favorite comic.

They didn't get the sale numbers back until a few issues later.

So what! (shrug)

they began a comic series starting with "Action Comics #1" with the first superhero ever and decided to only run him on the cover once until they get there figures back 7 months later???

makes no sense to me :insane:

all they had to do was put the dude in a superman costume....

Action2.jpg

B.

Action 2 for me, mostly due to condition.

Action 2:

2nd appearance (rather than 3rd)

Higher grade; much better eye appeal

Higher quality art on cover

Detective 29:

Batman on cover (rather than Supes inside)

More sinister cover

No restoration

My vote is for Action 2. The 'Tec's spine is troublesome and the cover to Action 2 kicks @ss. No need for Superman on that one. Remember, back in 1938 there wasn't a legion of fan boys ready to wet their otaku undies whenever a superhero showed up on a comic book cover. Comics were capable of sustaining multiple genres back then.

Just curious about those who have voiced concerned about the spine on the Tec, have you seen the staples on the Action #2? :eek: If its a tape stain that's fine but if its a rust residue from moisture then I would be concerned about further deterioation to the paper around the staples over time.