• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Action #2 wins 10-6.

Which one would you choose and why?

GreenLantern1-1.jpg

Tec3.jpg

I'll go with the Green Lantern #1 over Detective #3. I really don't like the cover to the Detective all that much, and I'd rather have a #1 with a higher grade.

Det. #3 - There is a charm about those early Tec books that I love. Also, it's from 1937!!!

Action #2 wins 10-6.

Which one would you choose and why?

GreenLantern1-1.jpg

Tec3.jpg

Very tough

GL #1 pro: Key book, great cover con: not scarce

Detective #3: pro:Scarce, looks undergraded, Flessel cover pedigree con: not one of his best covers, a lot of money for a non-key.

Man that is tough. I don’t know anything about the scarcity of either one of the books.

On the one hand you have an uber high grade, white paged, church book with a great cover.

On the other hand you have a first issue, highest graded (and still HG for GA) , with 1st appearances and in my opinion an even better cover.

I have to go with the Adventure and I have no idea why.

(shrug)

Not like I can afford either one.

OK.....I un-quit posting here.

Both sold for approx. $18,500 just last month at Heritage. Which one would you choose, and why????

Tough one for me - The Adventure has Burnley's Starman and the first Shining Knight by Flessel. Plus a white page MH but that MM is very cool starting with the Fine :cloud9: cover and it is a pedigree also.

I'd go with Mystery Men Comics #1.

Mysterymen #1. Key Fox book that tops the CGC census. 1st appearance of several characters, including Blue Beetle.

I was betting you'd say 'Tec 3. :sorry: