• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

That's a no brainer. MMC #2. Super tough book and impossible to find....and to find one unrestored, highest grade? That's got to be a $50,000 book today. Easy.

Even money aside, I'll take an unrestored book over a restored one.

R.

That's a no brainer. MMC #2. Super tough book and impossible to find....and to find one unrestored, highest grade? That's got to be a $50,000 book today. Easy.

R.

Well, not quite "easy" my friend. In today's market, either of the two 9.0s (one of which is a "potentialized" 7.5, if memory serves) would have a hard time breaking $30k.

I'm with you, as a high grade Timely nut, I'd happily take the MMC # 2 over the AA # 16. But I have no problems admitting that the AA # 16 is by far the more significant book, with the higher investment ceiling (especially if the Mile High 9.4 ever sells for over $1 mil, as rumored).

R.

Well, not quite "easy" my friend. In today's market, either of the two 9.0s (one of which is a "potentialized" 7.5, if memory serves) would have a hard time breaking $30k.

I'm with you, as a high grade Timely nut, I'd happily take the MMC # 2 over the AA # 16. But I have no problems admitting that the AA # 16 is by far the more significant book, with the higher investment ceiling (especially if the Mile High 9.4 ever sells for over $1 mil, as rumored).

(thumbs u

R.

I didn't check the census and so didn't realize there were two 9.0's.

I too agree that AA #16 is an important book. I also happen to collect restored books so I know a thing or two about them...great value for the money...but I'm not so sure in today's $$ that this book would be worth more than the MMC #2.

To me a #2 book is an extremely important book in that it keeps the #1 issue from being a one shot. Extremely important in keeping the series going. Imagine seeing the image of #2 on the stands...an entire city self destructing while the costume hero steals a lift from an airplane...those primary colors make all the difference in the world to a youngster.

I'd still take the MMC #2. I'm a Marvel Zombie.

:grin:

I have always stayed away from trimming...but, tec 27 is so superior and important of a comic compared to adv 40, it is not even close for me, even with the trimming

R.

I am of the same mindset as Roy even if the book might not be worth $50K in todays market. Restored AA16's are out there, unrestored high grade copies of MMC#2 not so much. Would look nice next to the Larson MC#1. :cloud9:

I'd still take a trimmed copy of the Tec #27. Not too often I would take a trimmed book over a non-trimmed one but these two books are not even on the same radar.

(thumbs u