• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Cap #1 :makepoint:

OK...let's get back to GA vs.GA :insane:

Both sold for approx. $12k. The CDNP is the Mile High Copy, graded at NM- / unrestored. (by Heritage --- for me, an NM- can't have a tear at the top of the spine meh )

Which non-Superhero book for $12,000 would you choose, and why????

71596.jpg.0ba84ef167ddc8aa22350a12f870a081.jpg

71597.jpg.a54059726817af4bd965ea50c68772c9.jpg

hmmm... I would have to go with the Scrooge... Carl Barks is just awesome, and I don't even collect Funny Animal books...

Those CDNPs, while cool enough, just don't attract me to pay that kind of money for one.

Both sold for approx. $12k. The CDNP is the Mile High Copy, graded at NM- / unrestored. (by Heritage --- for me, an NM- can't have a tear at the top of the spine meh )

Barks over Crime anyday.

CDNP in a cocaine heartbeat. And I love Uncle Scrooge by Barks.

Cap #1 (never was much of a Flash fan - especially the SA version - though I can appreciate how scarce the book is in that sort of grade)

CDNP #22 ( although I'm perfectly happy to own a nice looking VG that was a fraction of the price)

If the FC were the 1st appearance of US - I could see giving it more weight - but while I love a good Scrooge McDuck story - pre-code crime has always been a favorite genre of mine.

Showcase 4- It has the higher grade and has a lot more room to run price wise. Suprisingly, if you look at the census, SC4 and Cap1 have about the same number of copies from 8.5 up. Historically, I would argue SC4 is more important. Looks wise, the both have killer covers. Longterm, I think the issue is not golden vs. silver but supply and demand which I think demand would favor SC4.

And of course I am a Flash fan, so that helps as well.

Barks over Crime anyday.

Same for me.

Captain America, easy. Before choosing the Paratrooper theme for my collection, I considered titles with "Captain" in it. (my rank is captain).

ohhhh, as in Captain Morgan? :baiting:

(said as I sip vodka and Sprite! :cloud9:)

ha! wish I was drinking. Stopped drinking during weekdays, training for another marathon :(

I'm training for a marathon also --- see how quick I can inihilate my liver :kidaround: