• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Which one would you choose and why between these 2 mega keys that sold for a million each:

act1_6732a.jpg

OR

lf.jpg

both are great books, top of the heap. if I had to choose, give me the KC Action #1.

Tec #27 - the first Bat will always be the book for me.

Action 1 for me because it's a bit older. :insane:

Between MM 9 and Tec 38, I choose MM #9 as it is much tougher to find, classic story, and better cover IMHO.

Between Action 1 and Tec 27, gimme Tec 27 for obvious reasons

Between MM 9 and Tec 38, I choose MM #9 as it is much tougher to find, classic story, and better cover IMHO.

:o

I would take Tec 38. Despite all the hatred of Robin on these boards, he's one of the most important characters in comic-dom, and Tec 38 introduced him and kicked off the popularity of the side-kick, which love it or hate it was a dominant trend in superhero comics for many years.

Everyone talks about a big 3 of universally known comic characters--Superman, Batman and Spiderman, but actually it's a big 4 because I would argue that Robin is known just as well.

I would take Tec 38. Despite all the hatred of Robin on these boards, he's one of the most important characters in comic-dom, and Tec 38 introduced him and kicked off the popularity of the side-kick, which love it or hate it was a dominant trend in superhero comics for many years.

Everyone talks about a big 3 of universally known comic characters--Superman, Batman and Spiderman, but actually it's a big 4 because I would argue that Robin is known just as well.

Very well put.

Plus the interior on that book is just amazing

MMC 9 CGC 9.4 over Tec 38 CGC 9.4

1st key character (love or hate him) vs. Rarer, classic fight with a terrific cover. If rarity wasn't an issue I would take the Tec, but rarity (and consequently, value) are important so I will take the MMC 9.

Action 1 CGC 8.0 over Tec 27 CGC 8.0

If it was just Bats vs Supes, the Tec would take it easily, but it isn't. Action 1 being the first major superhero just pushes it over the top for me.

You're absolutely right...but I still can't stand Robin, although I definitely understand the appeal to kids.

I'd take the MMC #9 in a heartbeat. Goodman's use of the primary colors on Timely covers just makes them so appealing and the story just killer.

Action #1/Tec #27 ? I'm torn, because the Tec looks brighter...it'd be a dead tie right now....

You're absolutely right...but I still can't stand Robin, although I definitely understand the appeal to kids.

I'd take the MMC #9 in a heartbeat. Goodman's use of the primary colors on Timely covers just makes them so appealing and the story just killer.

Action #1/Tec #27 ? I'm torn, because the Tec looks brighter...it'd be a dead tie right now....

I've never read the story to MM#9, could you loan me your copy Roy so that I could read it? :insane:

I've never read the story to MM#9, could you loan me your copy Roy so that I could read it? :insane:

Sure, I've got a manilla envelope handy. Mailing address?

Seriously, it's been reprinted a few times. Easiest one to get would be the old Marvel square bound reprints....just can't remember the title...

Sure, I've got a manilla envelope handy. Mailing address?

2222 credibility street.

media mail will be fine.