• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

You keep posting some real tough ones. I would go for the Human Torch because of the dust shadow on the Sensation. Both are really nice but at the end of the day, the Human Torch looks nicer to me.

I agree 100% with batman_fan on this one.

You keep posting some real tough ones. I would go for the Human Torch because of the dust shadow on the Sensation. Both are really nice but at the end of the day, the Human Torch looks nicer to me.

I agree 100% with batman_fan on this one.

great minds thumbsup2.gif

OMG, I instantly thought MMC5...have I been converted???? (PARKER!, EVANS!, Chochran-MOORE!, what have you done...quick, bill, bring me back...please....)

rick

OMG, I instantly thought MMC5...have I been converted???? (PARKER!, EVANS!, Chochran-MOORE!, what have you done...quick, bill, bring me back...please....)

rick

Sorry Rick, I would take the Marvel in this case too. The 140 just never did a whole lot for me.

He was always kind of a poor man's Joker.

Both of these Key Timely's sold in '04 for $26,000.

Which one would you chosse, and why ????

1749121-subby.jpg

.....or

1749121-torch.jpg

Another nice choice but the Sub-Mariner should be take this one by a wide margin. Love them both but I think they are way more HT's in VF or better than there are SMC #1's. I think a 9.0 is the highest copy?

Both of these Key Timely's sold in '04 for $26,000.

Which one would you chosse, and why ????

1749121-subby.jpg

.....or

1749121-torch.jpg

Another nice choice but the Sub-Mariner should be take this one by a wide margin. Love them both but I think they are way more HT's in VF or better than there are SMC #1's. I think a 9.0 is the highest copy?

Subby for me all the way. He is my favorite Timely character

I'd take the Marvel Mystery # 5 and Human Torch # 2 (#1). thumbsup2.gif

agree.gif absolutely positively 100%. Not even a contest for me on either of the two choices.

agree.gif absolutely positively 100%. Not even a contest for me on either of the two choices.

You are wise, grasshoper! hail.gif

I want that Marvel 5 so bad I can taste it. I used to own it. Sold it to Fishler in '99 so he could flip it to Cage. I was buying a house and used Marvel Mystery Comics for the down payment. All of them (9.0 #2, Chicago #4, Larson #5,plus 10 or so others went to Cage). The present owner apparently wants significantly more than $20,000 (my understanding is 38K). If it were in the 30K range I would buy it in an instant. (Hope he is reading this)

Richard

You are wise, grasshoper! hail.gif

grasshopper.gifbeer.gif

I want that Marvel 5 so bad I can taste it. I used to own it. Sold it to Fishler in '99 so he could flip it to Cage. I was buying a house and used Marvel Mystery Comics for the down payment. All of them (9.0 #2, Chicago #4, Larson #5,plus 10 or so others went to Cage). The present owner apparently wants significantly more than $20,000 (my understanding is 38K). If it were in the 30K range I would buy it in an instant. (Hope he is reading this)

Richard

I'd pay more, and I too hope he's reading this... face_icon_small_happy.gifmulti.gif