• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Both of these gems sold for a whopping $54,625 in 2005. which one would you choose, and why ????

1761804-allstar1.jpg

All Star #1 for me......Timely's don't "feel right".....I am a DC guy

Steve

Finally an easy one, All Star all the way!

Both of these gems sold for a whopping $54,625 in 2005. which one would you choose, and why ????

1761804-youngallies1.jpg

..............or

1761804-allstar1.jpg

Steve

Not really a fan of All Star 1, but I would choose the Church copy of it over the Young Allies. Even Skull doesn't save that book for me.

going to church on the AS 1 too

rick

All Star 1 because of the attractiveness of the Church copy.

Ok here's one. (Sorry I'm too lazy to post scans.)

If you could have them for the same price would you rather have:

The Action 1 CGC 2.5 with the chunk out of the top left cover that has been talked about on the boards so many times, or the Mastronet Action 1 CGC 1.8 that has incredible eye appeal for the grade but has brittle pages?

The Action 1 CGC 2.5 with the chunk out of the top left cover that has been talked about on the boards so many times, or the Mastronet Action 1 CGC 1.8 that has incredible eye appeal for the grade but has brittle pages?

The "2.5" because I think it has off-white pages. Missing pieces on an Action #1 I can deal with, but brittle pages is a non-starter for me.

I am also turned off immediately by brittle pages. It is so bad to me that (and I'm embarrassed to admit it) even if i'm looking at someone's collection for fun and come across a book with brittle pages I kinda make that snooty face like when someone farts at a dinner party!

The "2.5" because I think it has off-white pages. Missing pieces on an Action #1 I can deal with, but brittle pages is a non-starter for me.

Ditto

yeah, I totally backed off the brittle page action 1...I was high bidder for most of the auction, but just couldn't justify going higher...

rick

I'll take an Action #1 with a missing chunk ( 1% of the book ) over a comic with brittle pages ( 90% of the book ) all day long.

Steve

1761804-youngallies1.jpg

..............or

1761804-allstar1.jpg

Steve

the d.c., easy. even dyed-in-the-wool timely guys aint' crazy about the young allies run, tho' #4 is cool.

Both sold for apprx. $51k within the past 15 months....which one would you choose, and why ????

1781384-ter27.jpg

..........or

1781384-bat1.jpg

Bat #1 for me...no brainer/ Let's see who agrees

Tec 27! Love them both, but it is a 27!! thumbsup2.gif

hello all...

I think as far as scarcity goes, the 7.5 bat 1 is scarcer, but it is not "tec 27"....fr 1.0 or restored 9.0, etc 27 trumps bat 1 for me!

gator