• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Fabulous Fantastic Four Bronze Age Winnipeg Blitz Starts Monday on Pedigree!

39 posts in this topic

Winnipeg lovers, this listing is for you. It is a mammoth late 1970's-1980's Fantastic Four, near-complete run beginning with issue #201 and ending with #276 (65 books out of the possible 76 in 9.6 or 9.8 CGC condition, most of which are from the Winnipeg Collection.) All the fun starts Monday afternoon in the new arrivals section of www.PedigreeComics.com with the first 20 books of the run (#201-#222 sans #209 and #217).

The remaining books of the run go live on Tuesday night and Wednesday afternoon. There's some great covers included in this batch by the likes of Keith Pollard, Al Milgrom, Bill Sienkiewicz, Joe Sinnott and of course, John Byrne.

Thanks, Dad (and son). The 9.8's aren'y too shabby either coming up (I just listed the first batch of 20) as they are all white-paged Winnipegs!! Enjoy!

Doug

Ahhh.. to dream. If I was a single guy without a family ....( I'd probably be out dating 27_laughing.gif and not posting here), but that's beside the point. I mean I would have the money to buy these books. The Winnipeg stuff is sentimental for me. Gee... I wonder why... I live here, I talk to one of the original owners every other week and reminisce. Those are great books... always with solid white pages.. the odd being off white to white. I saw that most the 9.8's have already gone at full asking price... wow!!

Dad,

I was listing the books one at a time not knowing 2-3 guys were vying for each book and one of them just clicked buy it now so as not to lose out to the other bidder. When I finished listing all 20 books I checked the site and couldn't believe that almost all 20 (all the Winnipegs, however) were sold at the listed prices.

The Winnipeg lure is pretty substantial. As you seem to know, these books are ridiculous!! Nicest structure and bounce i've ever seen on 1970's and 80's books (not to mention the white pages on ALL of them except one!).

Anyway, the next batch (24 or so issues) go live tonite at approximately 8:15 or so. I'll be watching Game 3 of the world Series while I upload these beauts (issues 223 to 251). Thanks for posting, Dad. Enjoy!

Doug

Dad,

I was listing the books one at a time not knowing 2-3 guys were vying for each book and one of them just clicked buy it now so as not to lose out to the other bidder. When I finished listing all 20 books I checked the site and couldn't believe that almost all 20 (all the Winnipegs, however) were sold at the listed prices.

The Winnipeg lure is pretty substantial. As you seem to know, these books are ridiculous!! Nicest structure and bounce i've ever seen on 1970's and 80's books (not to mention the white pages on ALL of them except one!).

Anyway, the next batch (24 or so issues) go live tonite at approximately 8:15 or so. I'll be watching Game 3 of the world Series while I upload these beauts (issues 223 to 251). Thanks for posting, Dad. Enjoy!

Doug

Doug,

I should tell Joe K. ( never met Dennis ) to go check your site out, he always gets a hoot seeing the old stuff he owned being bought and sold via e-commerce. I can't wait to show him some of the ST's I have in the Winnipeg pedigree as well. Look forward to seeing the other FF's. Just a sidenote, I checked my collection over with all the main titles I have. Unfortunately, I'm pretty confident nothing would crack 9.8 with the exception of a few hundred but the nice thing is everything has white pages!! Must be that Winnipeg air 27_laughing.gif

Dad,

How awesomne is that that you known one of the original owners (cousins? I know they have different last names: Kjolso and Krolic if my memory is correct). Pretty small world.

I still have a few hundred (over a thoudand probably) Winnipegs from the late 70's and 80's to get graded. It's a serious pedigre and very worthy of the designation. I hoped Joseph isn't bummed that he sold the books when he did. I'm not sure how much Greenhlagh paid him but seeing the CGC prices would probably give him serious seller's remorse.

Tell him I said thanks for his incredible preservation methods and completeness in collecting the titles he bought. The collection gets my vote as the absolute best Bronze/Modern pedigree of all time (bar none). It was exactly 10 years ago when I purchased the collection (most of it) from Greenhlagh and it brings me back just by listing these books and talking about the collection. Great stuff, dad!!

Doug

Doug keep these books coming as I agree that this is far and away the best source for high grade slabbed BA/CA books I grew up with as a kid. Any chance we can see more Thor's, Iron Man, Captain America and Avengers in the near future or are you just submitting these randomly. Any advance heads up of what is coming down the pipe would be much appreciated. thumbsup2.gif

Dad,

How awesomne is that that you known one of the original owners (cousins? I know they have different last names: Kjolso and Krolic if my memory is correct). Pretty small world.

I still have a few hundred (over a thoudand probably) Winnipegs from the late 70's and 80's to get graded. It's a serious pedigre and very worthy of the designation. I hoped Joseph isn't bummed that he sold the books when he did. I'm not sure how much Greenhlagh paid him but seeing the CGC prices would probably give him serious seller's remorse.

Tell him I said thanks for his incredible preservation methods and completeness in collecting the titles he bought. The collection gets my vote as the absolute best Bronze/Modern pedigree of all time (bar none). It was exactly 10 years ago when I purchased the collection (most of it) from Greenhlagh and it brings me back just by listing these books and talking about the collection. Great stuff, dad!!

Doug

Doug, you have a great memory. They aren't cousins, but funny enough Joe Krolic said he is 2nd cousins with Stan Lee. He has a bunch of photos of them together in his shop. But I think he does that for PR.. haha.. I know he does look back on the collection with fondness and I do tell him about recent sales from time to time of the ol' collection. It is a small world. Growing up in Moose Jaw, Sask. The shop I used to get my collection from was distributed by Joe before the big distribution wars with Diamond broke out. In fact, the majority of my long boxes have Joe's name and home address on the bus depot sticker they used to be shipped on. You must have got the collection for a song back then. You're lucky and kudos to you for continuing to preserve it. His own personal collection is nothing to scuff at now either. He has a nice private room in the house dedicated to them under lock and key like Fort Knox, his son and daughter aren't even allowed in there. Next time I have lunch with him I can tell him to contact you if you're interested in picking up more from him.. but be careful.. he's a shrewd business man.. more so then the days when he had the collection and ran Styx Comics.. it would be like to super comic giants in a classic battle of supremecy with the two of you trying to work out a deal. He still has incredible Strange Tales issues sitting in stacks raw that would rival some of the stuff on your site. Don't get me wrong.. I'm not discounting the books you have listed but to see his in person and the pages quality of it all is incredible. He also is sitting on a complete run of Showcase & Flash that he'll sell in a heartbeat. A small world it is...

Wow any chance you could get him to post on these boards? Love to know what range of issues/series his personal collection is composed of. On a side note maybe you can ask him what he uses for insurance on his collection because I can't seem to find any data for us Canadians. Most companies limit coverage to a maximum of $10,000 and that covers only theft. thumbsup2.gif