• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

overpriced firsr appearances

124 posts in this topic

Seems like it's only Marvel issues mentioned to this point ...

Well, all the major DC first appearances were in the Golden Age, and it's pretty hard to say that Action Comics #1 is overpriced.

I don't know. I think it could be argued that 500K for a comic book is retarded. confused-smiley-013.gif

TOD#10, to me has always been overpriced. Blade just is not that exciting of a character in comics. In fact, prior to the movie, he was barely even known.

Overpriced? Obviously.

But with that said...I thought Blade was one of the best characters in the TOD series outside of the main character. And one of my favorite original characters to come out of the Bronze Age. I thought his origin was very cool as a kid...

Jim

Green Lantern (SA) 59 - Do we really care about Guy Gardner anymore?

Green Lantern (SA) 40 - First Crisis. Is it really that significant?

Green Lantern (SA) 116 - See comments for 59.

I agree with Iron Fist 14 being overpriced also.

Amazing Adventures 11 sumo.gif

Man, how did I miss that one? foreheadslap.gif

It's probably tied with Iron Fist 14 at the top of my list, and is easily the most over-rated "key" yeahok.gif in the entire BA.

Overated some of the books mentioned may be, but overpriced? Prices are determined by market forces, and a lot of the books mentioned have a fairly consitent track record in the marketplace.

If you are really talking overpriced, look towards some of the manufactured collectables like variant covers and retailer incentive books. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Prices are determined by market forces

Sure, and short-term movie speculation is a "market force" right? Just wait til that POS Ghost Rider movie comes out, then see if MS 5 sells for $4K+ again.

I agree that movie hype causes spikes, but a lot of people are arguing for books like WBN 32 which has had no movie hype behind it. confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree that movie hype causes spikes, but a lot of people are arguing for books like WBN 32 which has had no movie hype behind it. confused-smiley-013.gif

You really didn't know that the Blade TV series had been hyping Moon Knight, or that whitey got himself a whole new series.

Nah, no hype there. grin.gif