• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help with Ga comics.

41 posts in this topic

I just got back from a garage sale and picked up 22 (what I believe to be) GA comics for $10. I'm not sure if they are GA or not as I don't know anything about them.

I'd like some info ont the books. Any help in those regards would be much appreciated. Thanks.

List of books:

Little Dot 62

Funny Stuff 22

Topper 1

Huckleberry Hound 1141

Funny Films 4

All Humor Comics 8

Tip Top Comics 144

Tip Top Comics 153

Looney Tunes Merry Melodies 70, 79, 101

New Funnies 132, 154

Sparkler 71, 77, 78,

Darling Romance 6

Romantic Adventures 10

True Stories Of Romance 2

Girls Love Stories 12

Young Love 1 ( I just found out that this book was published right here in my home city of Buffalo. Wow!@)

Enchanting Love 1

Well, that's the list. I'm probably going to put these in my daughters collection, but I'm real interested in finding out anything I can on'em.

Assuming that the Young Love #1 is the 1949 Prize Publications issue and not something else, it is a reasonably valuable book. The Tip Topper, Tip Top and Sparkler are all worth at least a few dollars each if not totally trashed. I'll gladly trade you all the New Mutants #9s that you want for those books 27_laughing.gif

You should post a few scans...

Ok, I'm not sure on the Funny Stuff 22 issue as I may be giving all of these to my daughter. If I let it go, I will let you know first and foremost.

The Young Love is indeed the 1949 prize publication. It's one of the better conditioned books out of this grouping. The Tip Topper 1 is coverless, but the cover is with it. The Tip Top and Sparklers are all look very nice.

I tell myself everyday that I'm going to buy a scanner and it just doesn't happen. I'll get one sooner than later and I will post scans of all of the books.

OUTSTANDING find for $10. Prices below are for Good from Overstreet. The Young Love 1 sells for significantly over Guide on eBay, and the Funny Stuff will sell well also. The other stuff goes for under Guide. Well done!

Little Dot 62 $4

Funny Stuff 22 $40 (Superman cameo thumbsup2.gif)

Topper 1 ?? might be Four Color, not in Overstreet as Topper

Huckleberry Hound 1141 $9

Funny Films 4 $9

All Humor Comics 8 $8

Tip Top Comics 144 $9

Tip Top Comics 153 $9

Looney Tunes Merry Melodies 70 $10, 79 $10, 101 $7

New Funnies 132 $7, 154 $6

Sparkler 71 $10, 77 $10, 78 $10,

Darling Romance 6 $10

Romantic Adventures 10 $8

True Stories Of Romance 2 $9

Girls Love Stories 12 $12

Young Love 1 $44

Enchanting Love 1 $15

Wow! I guess I spent my ten bucks well. Thanks for the info on the books.

I was on the way to my LCS to pick up some issues of Tales of Suspense when I stopped at a garage sale. The guy had a stack of these books. I told him I'd take them all. He said his dad is asking twenty, but he'd take ten.

I read the Funny Stuff and was indeed surprised to see Superman under the guise of Mr. Incognito. He beats a frog in a jumping contest. I inspected the book further and found that cover even says "A Superman Publication".

Yeah, things like this are what make the collecting side of comic books fun.

Thanks again.

Ok, since buying 22 GA books last week and finding out that they have value much higher than the ten I paid, I've been on a quest of sorts to find more GA books and again at a cheap price. My first purchases were the first time I had ever purchased any GA books at all.

After finding out some info on the first books I purchased, I excitedly explained to many of my friends how I had made out. A friend of mines father told me that he had a few old books and that he would sell them to me for $30 dollars. Here is what I just purchased.:

Robin Hood Tales 5

Crime does not pay 139

Planet Comics 43

Boy Comics 28

Boy Comics 87

Thrilling Comics 75

Police Comics 121

If anyone could help me out with Overstreet prices on these, It would be much appreciated.

Apparently, there is a plethora of GA comics floating around my city. I recently found out that a lot of this stuff was printed or pulished right here in Buffalo, NY. Knowing this, I'll be on the look out (via Thrift stores and garage sales) for more of this stuff as I'm starting to feel like a kid again.

I'm really starting to develop an interest in GA books but I don't think I want to pay the GA prices (Don't know why anyone would sell that stuff anyway). I'm hoping to get as many as possible... CHEAP and second hand.

Well then, I made out here. Honestly, I'm so fascinated that at 31 years old, I can buy books more than twice my age. I wouldn't have been let down if they were worthless.

As for the Planet comics... Why is it priced that way? Is there something significant about it or is it just the age/rarity?

You need to buy an Overstreet right now.

Marc

Yeah, don't I know it. No one will sell me one and my LCS keeps giving me the store copy story.

Marc

Yeah, don't I know it. No one will sell me one and my LCS keeps giving me the store copy story.

I'll trade you my copy for the Planet 43 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

As for the price on them... Planets are generally the most popular title from Fiction House and as such they get pretty decent prices. What grade do you think that Planet is in?

Well then, I made out here. Honestly, I'm so fascinated that at 31 years old, I can buy books more than twice my age. I wouldn't have been let down if they were worthless.

As for the Planet comics... Why is it priced that way? Is there something significant about it or is it just the age/rarity?

Marc

Amazon, Barnes & Noble and probably a million other places will sell you one

Because they rock. Nonstop. 73 issues.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Post a scan of the Planet, LF!

Because they rock. Nonstop. 73 issues.

Scantily clad women

Rocket ships

Scantily clad women

Aliens

Scantily clad women

Ray Guns

Scantily clad women

Pre-code blood and guts

Did I mention the women?

Check out the many GGA threads in this section. If you get hooked, don't say we didn't warn you beforehand.