• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The CGC Gold Boards Awards !!!

196 posts in this topic

forget the books for a moment! 893whatthe.gif....forget grading, restoration, Heritgae, Ebay, which issue is better than the next, dealers and deals....this post is about us acclaim.gif!!!

Just like any corporation in the world, the Boards are about its members who post here.....no members...no Boards!

Hollywood has the Oscars.....these are The Boards Awards !

Who would you pick for the following distinctions?

1. funniest poster

2. most knowledgable poster

3. most entertaining poster

4. most obnoxious poster

5. "coolest" poster

6. favorite all-time poster

7. best active thread

8. worst active thread

9. greatest Boards quote

10. greatest Boards ...shall we say, arguement?

...and of course, any other category you can think of to nominate your fellow Boards members for. Let's take a moment thru this thread, and appreciate each other for their contributions to this great site! 893applaud-thumb.gif

hello all...

5-tie between Centaurman and Action1Kid...I mean, it took just one post from each of them (with their group shots) and I am feeling all Authur "cool" Fonzarelli....

6-ciorac....I remember his first post defending Matt N in some thread, and he has been on fire ever since...

rick

let's see....for me I would nominate the following:

1. funniest poster: Sho'Nuff 27_laughing.gif

2. most knowledgable poster: FFB hail.gif

3. most entertaining poster: Sho'Nuff

4. most obnoxious poster: Infinite_Comics mad.gif

5. coolest poster: CentaurMan cool.gif

6. favorite all time poster: Ciorac headbang.gif

7. best active thread: Obadiah Oldbuck vs. Superman devil.gif

8. worst active thread: N/A...I enjoy them all! acclaim.gif

9. greatest Boards quote: Ciorac to Bob Beerbohm "you're an A** hole Bob" 893applaud-thumb.gif

10.greatest Boards arguement: Ciorac and Bob Beerbohm - ongoing - OO vs. Supes

...and I would like to add another category: best up and coming new guy on the Boards: my man BlueChip ! ( even though he falsey thinks I'm on a mission to destroy the value of everyone elses books screwy.gif ) There is great hope for him to be a Boards star !

7. best active thread

6. Point Five and Skybolt, both for their genuine love of GA books and passion for collecting them.

7. Skybolt's Slabbed Good Girl Art Collection.

flowerred.gif

I'm disappointed though...I was sure I had a shot at the Fat Fingers award. confused-smiley-013.gif

This one is tough. Sometimes it's hard to know who really knows what's up. I believe being actively involved in GA collecting for at least 40 years is probably an requirement, to understand how things have evolved, and not just be a historian relying on second/third hand info. From what I've read there are at least 10 people on these boards who post frequently who know so much I can't even begin to judge them. Then there's a few who pop in infrequently, and give an answer that's been stumping everyone. These might be the "wicked smart" Yodas of GA comics.

forget the books for a moment! 893whatthe.gif....forget grading, restoration, Heritgae, Ebay, which issue is better than the next, dealers and deals....this post is about us acclaim.gif!!!

Just like any corporation in the world, the Boards are about its members who post here.....no members...no Boards!

Hollywood has the Oscars.....these are The Boards Awards !

Who would you pick for the following distinctions?

1. funniest poster

3. most entertaining poster

4. most obnoxious poster

5. "coolest" poster

7. best active thread

8. worst active thread

9. greatest Boards quote

10. greatest Boards ...shall we say, arguement?

...and of course, any other category you can think of to nominate your fellow Boards members for. Let's take a moment thru this thread, and appreciate each other for their contributions to this great site! 893applaud-thumb.gif

1. funniest poster -- Fishler, CentaurMan, Sho Nuff (three way tie)

2. most knowledgable poster -- Berk

3. most entertaining poster -- showcase4

4. most obnoxious poster -- beerbelly

5. "coolest" poster -- newforce

6. favorite all-time poster -- filter81 (because he has the coolest books)

7. best active thread -- Most of the threads started by showcase4

8. worst active thread -- none

9. greatest Boards quote -- shonuffs picture of beerbelly with dollar signs for eyes

10. greatest Boards ...shall we say, arguement? -- you'd think I would pick me and beerbelly, but actually it was all of us with showcase4, we all benefited from it and he came to his senses. Since then he has become on of the best members

11. Nicest member -- centaurman

12. board members collection i hope to own one day -- berk

13. Comeback poster of the year -- showcase4

7) Best Active Thread................."A Month in the Life of the Comics"- Scrooge.

Hands down the best, most researched, informative & entertaining. 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

If you disagree............ sumo.gif

7) Best Active Thread................."A Month in the Life of the Comics"- Scrooge.

Hands down the best, most researched, informative & entertaining. 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

No need to send a check

....you can just wire the money to my bank. devil.gif