• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nothing to see here.... Move along... :-)

78 posts in this topic

Are you responding to the PMs?
juggle.gif

I take it you are waiting as well. It's frustrating when you see books being marked as Sold -- but no indication as to how PMs are being received etc. and how sales are actually being made. It looks like several people are experiencing this problem.

This thread is fast becoming the poster child for some of the tinkering that needs to be done and guidelines to be set on these "forum boards only sales". Right now it looks like a big ad for ebay auctions and "secret sales".

If this is part of the "good will" that the forum boards are supposed to be bringing, then I think Arch ought to open it up to all dealers, b/c this is certainly not nearly as well run as Brent's auctions. I recommend this thread get moved to the ebay section since it is now essentially advertising "ebay sales" and remedying disputes over books by advertising they are going to ebay. This is no longer a forum only sale.

I have to agree with you on this. I don't like the fact that it appears we are being used to guage which books are sold on the boards and which ones are "ebay bound" due to how much of a response you receive about them. Please take the two books I offered to buy from you at 7am this morning and offer them to someone else. I don't need any book that bad to play this type of game and I hope alot of other members follow my lead.

Scott

juggle.gif

I take it you are waiting as well. It's frustrating when you see books being marked as Sold -- but no indication as to how PMs are being received etc. and how sales are actually being made. It looks like several people are experiencing this problem.

This thread is fast becoming the poster child for some of the tinkering that needs to be done and guidelines to be set on these "forum boards only sales". Right now it looks like a big ad for ebay auctions and "secret sales".

If this is part of the "good will" that the forum boards are supposed to be bringing, then I think Arch ought to open it up to all dealers, b/c this is certainly not nearly as well run as Brent's auctions. I recommend this thread get moved to the ebay section since it is now essentially advertising "ebay sales" and remedying disputes over books by advertising they are going to ebay. This is no longer a forum only sale.

I would agree.

I sent you a PM at 6:30 AM this morning? Have you responded... and I see a book I asked for is sold, did someone beat me to it? How is this working?

To quote from my original post:

The price you see there is going to be my "reserve" for any upcoming eBay listings. For the more desirable stuff at about $30 or more, like the spideys and X-Men, make me an offer that will convince me not to list it. For the other books, where the "reserve" is within range of the slabbing fee (like $30 and under), the prices listed are pretty much a board-only selling price. Tell me what you need. Use PMs.

I did not state a first come first served policy. I'm going to go with people who put together large groups first to reduce my shipping burden. Someone I owe a favor to put together a $100+ group that included one of the books you wanted, unfortunately.

The prices were just guidelines for me to gauge what was smallest acceptable price for me to sell them at based on my GPA research. For many of them I am hoping for more.

I'm working on replying to everyone, but I waiting for some more exposure and see if anyone want to put together larger groups. I have a nice list here of what everyone wants. Everyone will hear from me tomorrow or Friday, some sooner.

I really think I'm trying to be fair by listing the FFs rather than selling them to someone who wants them as part of the larger group. That's why I took them off the table so everyone has a chance at them. Seriously, there are over 5 offers for them so far.

I apologize for not stating this more clearly up front -

1. I'm taking offers for a couple days, and I'm going to make deals with those who want the most books first.

2. If you really want a book priced at $30 or more, make me an offer that will convince me not to list it on eBay. With all the fees on eBay, it probably will not take much. I am likely to accept offers at the higher of the 12 month GPA average or the last sale, whichever is higher. Many of the "reserve" prices are below or between these values - which is why the price list looks pretty good.

So in other words, the books are for sale....but not really. And the prices you are asking are not really the prices they will sell for once you decide to sell them, and only if you can sell them in bunches and not in singles. I think I understand, but then again, maybe I dont.

Scott

juggle.gif

I would agree.

I hope I answered that in my previous post. I'm sorry that you feel this way, as I assure you many sales will be made to board members.

I understand your fustration, and I wish I had a chance to do it over again. I am going to do my best to resolve this stuff over the next few days. I am pleading ignorance, as I had no idea that the response would be what it has been.

Please understand that I did not post of list of books for sale and set prices. I tried to be clear but it seems it was "lost in translation". sorry.gif

OK, I blew it. They are all going to eBay. Sorry guys, I'm deleting the list. I apologize to everyone.

that's kool and it's your perogative, but i think you rubbed a lot of forum members the wrong way. gossip.gif especially with the ones that are already SOLD to other forum members. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

OK, I blew it. They are all going to eBay. Sorry guys, I'm deleting the list. I apologize to everyone.

that's kool and it's your perogative, but i think you rubbed a lot of forum members the wrong way. gossip.gif especially with the ones that are already SOLD to other forum members. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The three books that were marked as sold are going to valiantman. I owe him many, many favors. If I had known he would be interested in non-valiant books, I would have let him have the pick of the list before it was posted.

There are no other books sold. None. Nada.

"If you really want a book priced at $30 or more, make me an offer that will convince me not to list it on eBay."

I think that's the line that rubs people the wrong way. It appears as if you're using the offers you get here to gauge what you should sell it for on Ebay. That may not be your intention, but it feels that way.

"If you really want a book priced at $30 or more, make me an offer that will convince me not to list it on eBay."

I think that's the line that rubs people the wrong way. It appears as if you're using the offers you get here to gauge what you should sell it for on Ebay. That may not be your intention, but it feels that way.

BINGO!!!!!