• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USER ID DISCLOSURE...WHO ARE YOU?

644 posts in this topic

Hot dang, another 40+er on the board. I'm beginning to believe that there must have been a price depression on comics in the early - mid 80's with the number of collectors that dumped their books when we went to college. :grin:

Greg, thanks for sharing. Enjoy those kids now - they are at the perfect age to be a lot of fun.

I didn't know this thread existed but I love it.

My name's Dave, 47 years old, born and still raised in Edmonton, Alberta Canada. Married, no kids. I've delivered mail for Canada Post since I got out of high school, not an easy job in this frozen wasteland for 6 months of the year. By the by it snowed today, April 20, about 8 inches. I play ball hockey 3 times a week, my aching knees. I spent five years of night school completing a 2 year tech. diploma in database management, hardware, and networking. I play a ton of on-line poker and do pretty well, occasionally I cash in my winnings to buy comics.

I've collected comics since I was 13, once I absorb a comic into my collection it stays there, except for my premarriage chasing girls phase where I sold off most of my 10 long boxes of Bronze for almost nothing. My goal is a complete Marvel Silver collection, about 60% there. I also pick up Barks Disney-best stories ever written, comics with WW2 covers, 3d comics, silver DC when its cheap-legion of super heroes rock, original art- up to 5 pages now, and frankly any comic that catches my eye.

I really enjoy this board, the problem with collecting comics is that there are so few people to share it with and I am so far away from the centers of collecting. I hope to travel to a large comiccon in the future and meet some of you.

:roflmao:

Nice catch on the Sartre!

Being and Nothingness, read that in college...

dave wagner

starting reading comics around 1969-1970 I guess...

Married for 18 years...

2 sons - 13 and 7

spend a lot of my time coaching kids sports.... baseball and soccer...

Owls Head - a Temple University grad and also have spent more than a few summers in Maine: Owl's Head Light

OWLSFR.JPG

the "Steal Your Face" is just for the old head that is me, and a wee few to many long strange trips back in the day... :o

Grew up in Philadelphia now live about 20 miles outside the city...

work in the city as a medical school librarian

i am just a small hobby collector with about 9 long boxes or so... and not a lot of spare time on me hands...

Just liked Dark Shadows a lot as a kid, use to watch it in the afternoons after school, don't make shows like that anymore...