• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Monster on the Prowl #9

22 posts in this topic

Hmm... I'm having a time with this one as I think it's a fabulous looking book!

Closer examination reveals the creasing at the top and the fading at the bottom. Top staple is a little worn as well. At first glance I immediately thought "Wow, that's a solid 8.0" but now I'm leaning more towards the 7.0-7.5 range. My gut tells me 7.0 but it's a great presentable copy with eye-appeal that makes me want to give it a 7.5

Those CBC's on the top edge are a bummer(that is a crease and not a production error?) That top staple really does look a mess.

Back cover presents nicely.

So I would say 7.5 is safe. A full grade higher if top edge is not a crease

It is otherwise a very nice looking book.

Ze-

I think I might have to send this one with my next batch just to get the grade. I was thinking along the lines of 8.5 myself.... it lays completely flat and firm in hand but does have that darn top staple issue and the crease at the top which appears as a printer's crease to me.

The top staple is problematic (bent and pulled, with wear at the tines). There is a very light horizontal crease along the TEFC and light fading / wear to the LRFC. The scans are small too.

A nice looking copy, but technically, no more than a 7.5 sumo.gif

I think I might have to send this one with my next batch just to get the grade. I was thinking along the lines of 8.5 myself.... it lays completely flat and firm in hand but does have that darn top staple issue and the crease at the top which appears as a printer's crease to me.

Dad&Son if you decide to send this one... please let us know the grade in the end...

thanks much - 893applaud-thumb.gif

dave

Dad&Son if you decide to send this one... please let us know the grade in the end...

dave

for sure Dave... I think I'll submit this along with the other ones in January

dave

for sure Dave... I think I'll submit this along with the other ones in January

Why? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif No offense, but the expense of slabbing exceeds the value of the book. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'd leave it in a mylar - these are all pre-hero reprints, right? Great reads all! cloud9.gif