• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do I keep getting hosed on eBay!?!

20 posts in this topic

This is ridiculous. Every time I win an art page on eBay dirt cheap the item never arrives. So far I've been hosed out of a Warlord page by valnstevez.aol Linky (mind you they did give me a full refund but I would alway rather receive what I fairly won and paid for). Now eBayer arrrjayallen.hotmail has soaked me on two Justice League pages. In four weeks I have heard from him once and that was two weeks ago. Now I read in his feedback that someone else didn't get a page paid for.

If you can't aford to lose a page at a certain price point then DON'T start your listing under that price point. And this isn't Canadian Customs either. No record of the packages with them and I have at least 30 pages in the past year arrive without a glitch.

Sorry ... venting ...

I have another page I won for $10 that is very late but I'm still giving that seller the bennefit of the doubt but after 45 days my patience is starting to run out there too.

Ubie X frustrated.gif

So far I've been hosed out of a Warlord page by valnstevez.aol Linky (mind you they did give me a full refund but I would alway rather receive what I fairly won and paid for). Now eBayer arrrjayallen.hotmail has soaked me on two Justice League pages.

Sorry to break it to you, but those 2 sellers are the same people.

I found out the same way you did, basically, except that I actually got something.

I got the wrong items or mis-represented items from each ebayer and the return address had the same name on each package.

The only bad luck you had is that you found their auctions twice.

Chris

Sorry to break it to you, but those 2 sellers are the same people.

I thought they were brothers, with there being 3 brothers total selling on under three separate names, but sometimes sharing/selling pieces, but that wasn't fact just rumour.

Sorry to hear you had problems. It's better when it's fun smile.gif

I thought they were brothers, with there being 3 brothers total selling on under three separate names,

They are brothers....that was why I said they were the same "people" and not same "person".

The level of customer service, attention to detail, and overall give-a-*spoon*-osity are about the same overall.

Best,

Chris

Just got this from arrrjayallen.hotmail ...

"Hi, I am scanning my remaining JLA pages to replace the lost pages. I will have the scans ready Sunday. J."

Of course the last email I got from him on 2 Nov said ...

"Hi, I am off work this weekend. I will look for other pages that could replace them if you choose to. J."

Sooo .... sounds like he's going to make this right but dang it's taking awhile. Pages were paid for 7 Sep.

Ubie X

I've been furious at eBay every since they banned me for no reason ever disclosed, and declined to even review my appeals after assuring me it was a "temporary situation."

I realize we have to go where the buyers and sellers are, but I sure do wish we'd make a mass exodus for bidoncomics which is probably the FAIREST buying/selling arrangement anywhere.

I realize we have to go where the buyers and sellers are, but I sure do wish we'd make a mass exodus for bidoncomics which is probably the FAIREST buying/selling arrangement anywhere.

Best buying/selling rates outside of enbay I know of are at COMIC ART COMMUNITY .

Terry Maltos is only rivaled by Bill Cox as having done the most for the OA community and deserves the support of anyone interested in this hobby 893applaud-thumb.gif. And he is a great guy makepoint.gif

Mike hi.gif

I agree that comicartcommunity.com deserves support and I appreciate that bidoncomics can offer a better sales forum for the money. I very much dislike how eBay hits its sellers for a listing fee...plus a fee after the auction...plus a fee if you use PayPal.... Somehow, it seems as if the eBay team ends up with nearly ten percent of your final sale every time. That's too much.

Unfortunately, bidoncomics doesn't emphasize original comic art for sale on its site -- and I'm not an avid comic book collector so it's not a site I'll check with any frequency. And the comicartcommunity site rarely offers a piece of much interest. There's alot of blueline stuff, unpublished pencil stuff, occasionally the explicit girly-page and panel pages that seem fairly common...but where are the published covers and dynamic splashes that attract a dozen bidders? Right now, you'll find 'em on eBay or in a dealer's hands.

I think comic art dealers are pretty sharp about selling their items. And where do they take product when they want to auction it off? If it doesn't go to one of the auction houses, it goes to eBay. I can't remember ever seeing a dealer sell on bidoncomics or the Comic Art Community.