• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 2 on Ebay

39 posts in this topic

Hmm, so with all the info. leaking up here, why would the seller than say that it can be allowed to be picked up if there are reasons to believe he does not own the book?

A deceptive seller may use this "may pick-up in person" to encourage more bids (thus increasing the apparent legitimacy of the auction) but still hope for full electronic payment. If the eventual winner demands an in-person pick-up, the seller may ask for partial or even full payment up front before agreeing to meet in person.

I recall a golden-age dealer advertising in CBM about 4-5 years ago...Joseph Serpico Jr., I think, but it definitely was not Dan Serpico.

GE

I recall a golden-age dealer advertising in CBM about 4-5 years ago...Joseph Serpico Jr., I think, but it definitely was not Dan Serpico.

Just to be clear, Joe Serpico is a board member, and one of the most honest guys in the hobby.

Just to be clear, Joe Serpico is a board member, and one of the most honest guys in the hobby.

Exactly. Dan Serpico is an alias that Jeff Delaney uses strictly on eBay scams.

S

Exactly. Dan Serpico is an alias that Jeff Delaney uses strictly on eBay scams.

S

Well, you just kissed your 10% for keeping it hush-hush goodbye!

Bidding's up to almost $9K, with two guys duking it out. This scammer's going to score some major profits, and someone's going to be out a bunch of money (assuming he doesn't play hardball and try to pick it up with cash in hand).

Bidding's up to almost $9K, with two guys duking it out. This scammer's going to score some major profits, and someone's going to be out a bunch of money (assuming he doesn't play hardball and try to pick it up with cash in hand).

This auction is offically a scam. The past owner is still the current owner.

Stephen

Stephen

I ask that no one contact ebay regarding this scam. The owner of the book has contacted the authorities and will handle this himself.

S

Stephen

I ask that no one contact ebay regarding this scam. The owner of the book has contacted the authorities and will handle this himself.

S

Sweet. It'd be nice to actually put one of these guys away, or at least frighten the hell out of him for a while, as opposed to just let him try again with another new ID.

Stephen

S

893applaud-thumb.gif

Stephen

S

Kudos to the Fish for doing the leg work on this one!

thumbsup2.gif