• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 2 on Ebay

39 posts in this topic

No reserve and a 3 day auction? Sounds fishy to me, although he does say you can pick it up in person.

Judeloo bid, so he must think it's on the up and up. If I remember right, structurally this is a great book, but staining brought it down to 6.0.

I was also skeptical, but I live in San Jose so picking it up in person would be easy.

I'd make every attempt to verify this listing ASAP. It's the only item being sold, there are no readily verifiable recent transactions, the emphasis on picking up in person, and the picture cannot be enlarged. And as noted, it's just a 3-day auction.

Of course, there may be some unusual explanation but all indicators are telling me that here is something very wrong.

STEVE

A little detective work and the last two items (from 11/14) he sold were .99 cent comics.

And his name is "Dan Serpico"...has started up some contest in a blog about designing small spaces.

Interesting...

STEVE

The person who bought the book is from the east coast. Who is thos guy?

And I sold this book last year. It is the same book.

S

hello all...

I believe the sellers name is Dan Serpico, someone reported...is this who you sold the book to, Stephen?

rick

hello all...

I believe the sellers name is Dan Serpico, someone reported...is this who you sold the book to, Stephen?

rick

Rick, John Dolmayan (the rock star) was the owner of the book (if we're talking about the same 6.0 with white pages) - I saw him and book in person, but then he later sold it on ebay. I don't know who the buyer was.

STEVE

hello all...

thanks Steve and Stephen (another great reason to be a member of this board, getting assistance from those in the know), I will refrain from bidding, until the mystery is solved.

rick

Hmm, so with all the info. leaking up here, why would the seller than say that it can be allowed to be picked up if there are reasons to believe he does not own the book?

hello all...

very likely to try to add credibility to the auction, knowing that 99%+ of folks that might bid are likely not in the area?...just a thought, I have no idea if the auction is legit or not, but based on the info, it at least appears suspicious, but hopefully Stephen can shed some light, since he knows the current owner

rick