• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Western Missouri Collection - New 3,000 Book Original Owner Collection Found

445 posts in this topic

Journey Into Mystery #83, Origin & 1st app, The Mighty Thor, solid copy, VG (some might say VG+), $970

1511510-JIM83.jpg

NOTE: Goes to a local convention on Sunday if not sold.

Did you see David's WTB Thread? poke2.gif

I did indeed. grin.gif

I see the poor form continues. You will win lots of friends by posting books meant to antagonize another forum member. What a coincidence that Divad put up a WTB thread about a specific book and then you decide to post this.

What's next, you going to spread rumors about his sister during recess? poke2.gif

Journey Into Mystery #83, Origin & 1st app, The Mighty Thor, solid copy, VG (some might say VG+), $970

1511510-JIM83.jpg

NOTE: Goes to a local convention on Sunday if not sold.

Did you see David's WTB Thread? poke2.gif

I did indeed. grin.gif

I see the poor form continues. You will win lots of friends by posting books meant to antagonize another forum member. What a coincidence that Divad put up a WTB thread about a specific book and then you decide to post this.

What's next, you going to spread rumors about his sister during recess? poke2.gif

Actually, and completely honestly, I didn't even see his thread before I posted this book. It just happens to be the most expensive book I have in my possession from this collection at this time. There is such a thing as coincidence so don't be so darn conspiratorial. And if you don't want to believe it, that is your issue, not mine.

That being said, I reciprocate in kind whether it be friendliness or something less. And I have a great memory.

David is looking for one of these I believe, what dont you guys call a truce and maybe help each other out in the process.

At the request of Donut, whose friendship/loyalty I value, the book has been offered to him.

I didn't even raise the price.

David is looking for one of these I believe, what dont you guys call a truce and maybe help each other out in the process.

At the request of Donut, whose friendship/loyalty I value, the book has been offered to him.

I didn't even raise the price.

Nothing personal, but I didn't realize you and I had a "falling out" grin.gif Thanks for the offer. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Plastic Man #1 (1966), 1st SA app, Gil Kane c/a. Nice high-grade copy. Some minor blunting in the lower right corner and a crease along the right side, but otherwise a beautiful copy of a very silly book that I fondly remember from childhood!

I wouldn't be surprised if some grade it at a VF/NM, but I will conservatively call it VF, $75 incl shipping

1511763-PM1.jpg

Now this is a cool book especially if you favor political correctness censorship. Given my work with spies I am tempted to simply keep this one for my own collection but alas Donut would want his cut! So, in light of the recent movie I offer the following -

Showcase #43, Dr. No (James Bond), Nodell art. A very interesting history as the guide states:

Originally published as British Classics Illustrated #158A & as #6 in a European Detective series, all with different painted covers. This U.S. copy is actually censored, deleting all racial skin color and dialogue thought to be racially demeaning (1st DC movie adaption).

Creases evident along the right side of cover, 2/5" spine split lower left cover, 1/4" tear upper right cover, strong colors, many dealers would grade this a F-/F, I'll conservatively say VG+, $70 shipped

1511791-Showcase43.jpg

Here are some nice early Hulks from the Collection. Not bad looking books. Solid mid-grade range. All have fairly sharp and glossy covers that make them appear even better than they are. The scans pretty much speak for themselves. I've gone through each of them page by page and there are no interior issues nor any significant (and not even really insignificant) back cover problems.

I've checked around to see where prices fall on these copies. Some sales are lower than guide, others are above. Many are at guide. I have priced these at slightly below guide. Shipping is $5 for one book via USPS Priority Mail. If you want more than one I will of course combine shipping at whatever that cost would be.

These are exclusively available for Forumites until Sunday morning EST as they will be brought to a local show and afterwards placed on my website.

Hulk #2 - VG - $460

1511337-Hulk2.jpg

Plastic Man #1 (1966), 1st SA app, Gil Kane c/a. Nice high-grade copy. Some minor blunting in the lower right corner and a crease along the right side, but otherwise a beautiful copy of a very silly book that I fondly remember from childhood!

I wouldn't be surprised if some grade it at a VF/NM, but I will conservatively call it VF, $75 incl shipping

1511763-PM1.jpg

SOLD!

Some Golden Age.

G/VG copy of International Comics 4, EC pre-New Trend book. Creases at edges and corners, slight stacking curl and spine bends. Store stamp at top. Corner fold. Weird scary clown cover. Kurt Schaffenberger artwork.

$35

international004.jpg