• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

20c Listing Day : 11/21

35 posts in this topic

Honestly, I would do it today. I've traditionally have had good sales over the long Thanksgiving day weekend. Considering many people take/have tomorrow off as well, you have 4-5 days where people will stay at home and shop online on ebay or other venues.

At the very least, its a cheap way to advertise your comics. Even if someone is strapped this time around, at least they know you have something they want and may approach you about it after the listing, and that knowledge only costs you a whopping two dimes.

BTW, what happened at the National? Minimal traffic, poor table location, or was there just an absence of genuine buyers?

Thanks for the advice. Good point about the holidays. i'll go ahead and put everything up today.

As far as the National, it was mostly poor table location. The booth got moved to a better spot on Sunday and sold almost 10x more than on Friday & Saturday combined. (Which based on Friday & Saturday's numbers is still not saying very much) In addition though, I heard the show was rough on most of the dealers who set up. So there probably was an absence of genuine buyers factor mixed in there as well. Also, in retrospect it may have been a mistake to set up a table there without going myself.

The last show we did before the National we brought in roughly $50,000 over 3 days. At the national we brought in well under $2k with a very similar inventory.

You were at the National confused-smiley-013.gif Where were you set up

Actually it was my g/f and a friend of hers who set up. (I wasn't able to make it to this one) Originally we weren't going to go since I knew I was likely not going to be able to make it, but we were talked into it after being told it was going to be a huge show and told we were going to get one of the best spots to set up etc. Then we were given a spot WAY in a back corner somewhere. Really upsetting. You could've been there all three days and still probably missed it. From what I hear the booth was set up next to someone selling swords. Anyway, when everything was said and done, didn't even sell enough to cover the cost of setting up at the show. So now its time for eBay I guess.

Man that really sucks, thats a really bad spot.The swords are always set up in the same spot so I usually dont even pay attention when I pass by.Im sure you will have more success at the NYCC in Febuary no matter where you set up.

I seriously hate these cheap listing days. Everything that gets put up is the same overpriced drek I have seen 20 times before from the same sellers. 893censored-thumb.gif

bingo.

You'll see my overpriced drek today, so at least you have that to look forward to. hi.gif

You listing craapy DC's again makepoint.gif

I seriously hate these cheap listing days. Everything that gets put up is the same overpriced drek I have seen 20 times before from the same sellers. 893censored-thumb.gif

bingo.

You'll see my overpriced drek today, so at least you have that to look forward to. hi.gif

I'll also be listing some crappy Marvels, too. headbang.gif

bingo.

I'll also be listing some crappy Marvels, too. headbang.gif
Talking about the ones you just posted pics of 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

Thats what happened last time

sorry.gif

flowerred.gif I was actually refering to some later X-Men books 270 - 300 that some seller priced from 70 - 100 when they are actually worth 20 - 50