• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dmac538 National Report

5 posts in this topic

I noticed a few other reports, so i have decided to post my own.

Friday

I decided to pick up the books that CGC had graded for me on Friday instead of doing it on Saturday as there where 63 books. Luckily i met Steve B at the door and he was able to get me in for Free to pick up my books ( Thanks Steve ). I didn't stick around the show as i figure to be there the rest of the weekend.I did say hello to SilverandBronze and Mr Woogieman.

Saturday

Arrived at the show in the afternoon to avoid the crowds, which seemed to have slowed considerably. Stopped at the Metropolis booth to take a look at some of the books that were just online, especially the Detective 27. Talked to Frank about that book and a Superman 14, which was the highest graded at 9.0, we both thought it could've been 9.2.

As i walked around i didn't think i would spending any money today. Took a walk over to Motor City's booth who i had not done business with in awhile. Noticed two nice raw pedigrees from the Northland collection, Weird War Tales 2( which should come back 9.2) and Ghost 14. Talked to Mark Haspel how pedigrees work and was very happy with his help in submitting them.

The only other books that i purchased was from a very nice dealer from Ohio named Dave, who i hoped to do business with again. I picked up a couple of DC First Issue Specials in about 9.4-9.6.

Forum Dinner

I had a very enjoyable dinner with our Forum members, Burntboy, kc120us,Mutant Keys, Silverandbronze and TV Comics.I also enjoyed talking to Mrs. Burntboy who hails from Amsterdam. One of the people who i really wanted to talk with was Rob Rogovin of Four Color Comics who i had not seen in a while, and wanted to catch up on some things.

Sunday

I LOVE PRE SCREENING!!!! I found out on Saturday that CGC was prescreening Moderns and some Silver's, so i stopped by my office and picked up 60 books. Shawn did the prescreen, and 36 of the books passed my grade of 9.4. Today i had a little time to shoot the breeze with Kevin Boyd, hope to come to a Toronto show in the future.

On to buying, i had the same feeling as yesterday about purchasing anything , until i went bact to Dave's table from Ohio. When i thoroughly went thru a new collection he purchased, i could've gone broke. It seems he had purchased some books from a person who collected a slew of high grade Bronze. Books of notice was a Batman 253 ( Beautiful cover with the Shadow) should come back 9.4-9.6, Adventure 431( First Spectre) should come back about 9.2. Sorry no scans as all books were submitted to CGC.

Final Thoughts

I want to thank Mark Haspel who i never really got to talk to, for helping me out. I would also like thank Steve B for everything he did, Shawn and Scott for handling my order in such a gracious manner.

One other thing, i purchased my tickets for the New York Comicon, and would suggest all to do so. I spoke to the guy selling tickets, and he mentioned that they were not going to sell tickets for the show at the show till the afternoon. This means any one who pre ordered can get in at 10am, if you purchase tickets at the show you won't get in until after 4pm. Thanks for me lending your ear. thumbsup2.gif