• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

I'm wondering about my post tonight regarding a list of 4,535 comics. This apparently got moved to events, since I want to print out any pull lists by Saturday, after which I am loading up from my storage cell and doing a show in Ohio on Sunday.

I'm wondering about my post tonight regarding a list of 4,535 comics. This apparently got moved to events, since I want to print out any pull lists by Saturday, after which I am loading up from my storage cell and doing a show in Ohio on Sunday.
doh!

• Administrator
doh!

It's worth discussing / clarifying. In a sense his post was a forum only offer with a deadline of Saturday, with special forum pricing. I can see the mentality there.

However, I can also see that this could be a blunt instrument inventory advertising vehicle for dealers in general if we let it go. The 25% discount makes that less of an issue, however, it would be pretty easy in the long run to just mark things up 25% to mark them down 25%.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

I didn't get to even see the thread, so good judgment on your part. But, I think it's a tad too many books to offer without details, scans, etc. and without any prior reputation. Also 25% off what? I'll give you 25 % off :grin:

I saw the thread and it seemed to me he was pimping them solely for the Con, not for the Boards....I think it would have been more appropriate to post in the dealer forum that he was going to be setting up a table at the con and if people had a want list to PM him and he would make sure he had their books set aside for when they showed up...

• Administrator

well he did have a linked excel sheet with grades and prices. And I don't think the intention. Is to sell them at the show it's that now is a convenient time to get them from storage since he'll be digging around anyway for the show. Thread in question is currently in the ebay and advertising board.

I'd be happy to explain any questions.

I am a once a month dealer, doing this for about 15 years.

My purpose for the post with the link is to give the community an opportunity to obtain any of my comics. I use an offsite storage cell and thus when everything is laid out on tables at these shows is when I can pull the material. I don't have any great expectations that more than 1 or 2 will show up at this upcoming show from reading this post. By the way, I separated out my 30 comics in my eBay store, plus my personal collection, and any I've classified as misplaced, and they are not included within these 4,535.

I looked over the guidelines, and I probably just miss meeting the criteria for this forum over the eBay and dealers forum for a couple reasons- I didn't make it clear that I'd be committed to any sale within this forum over what I do at the show this Sunday. Also I have the link to my offsite Webpage which has my Excel file. I don't think it's appropriate to load that here, as it'd take 50 pages or so.

You can probably tell from my grades being in line with my values- (that would be quite a task to inflate not only the values by 25%, but also the grades). I should mention that some of my values are a couple years old- I do systematically go through my 20 premium boxes once a year to correct for price increases, grading, etc; but I only change anything if my tagged price increases or decreases by $3 or more. That said, it's likely there's some further bargains on the lower priced stuff. For example if a $4 book goes up to $6, I would not have necessarily caught that.

Typically at my shows, I do not post any markdowns on about 17 of my 20 boxes. The other three are about half off- mostly lower grade silver and fair comics of all ages.

I'd like to furnish this link about a week or so prior to any shows. I can see a time in which I'll also have a mailing list, and I plan to inform them of my latest updates.

It does seem as if this forum gets more traffic than the eBay/Dealer sales forum. The first thing that jumps out to me is that this is pointing me to eBay auction links, which interests me less than the Within Forum sales.

So for the future, what would I need to do for my posts to qualify for the "within Forum sales" forum? I recognize that I need to make it clear that anyone ordering anything here will get my first priority. And I should not send my lists to any other mailing list at the same time. Anything else? Is the use of my webpage to host my Excel file okay?

Mark

So I'm totally new at this and have a question. If I have books that I am willing to sell but would rather trade, is the this seller's thread the place to do that? And if so should I have the prices listed? I really don't know what the protocol is in the buy/sell/trade end of the hobby and I don't want to offend.

That thread got moved to the proper Forum, didn't it? Maybe there are no comments due to extended New Year's Day hangovers. hm

More surprising is no comments on the ignoring of guideline #1: Books must be CGC or raw only.

Perhaps a lot of boardies didn't see the original post or you moved so quickly "Ninja like" some might say that there was no time for the feathers to get ruffled? hm

"Ninja like"? I lean more towards "dead cat like" reflexes.

I didn't see the original context of his post, I assumed it got moved because it didn't conform to this Forum's guidelines as posted.

As his post exists now as long as the link to spreadsheet contains the information it needs(scans/prices or grades/prices) among the other Forum Only Selling Guidelines then it would appear it could be posted in this Forum. As long as links to outside lists is acceptable.

My question is whether the linked list is part of the accessible inventory list from his site or a otherwise non-linked document(I can't open it and check). If not, then why wouldn't it be applicable in this Forum if it was only being offered here?

It amazes me how many newb's come over from eBay and treat this place the same way . . . disappointing, at best :P

They really should take the time to get to know the place a bit before they start hawking their wares at full guide :insane: