• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

Not wishing to p!ss on anyone's bonfire, but I'd rather we didn't turn into eBay-lite around here. There seem to be a number of sales threads recently headlined by versions on the 'LQQK!!! MUST SEE!!!! KEYS!!!! GEM MINTS!!!!'

Could we not simply state the type of books, maybe titles, the grade range, and whether they're priced under Guide/discounted/new prices? (shrug)

If I'm wrong, tell me... :(

I agree (thumbs u

It's all gone to h-e-double-l :devil:

Just as a wise man predicted.... :P

Yup, shure is a bit more of a mess than it used to be. I've been tempted to assume a Pirate/JC/Divad etc. role in reminding people of the guidelines (that seem to be barely followed) but I figure if even Divad is posting multiple sales threads - :grin: - and nobody seems to care, why botha? The cream always rises to the top of the wheat!

It's all gone to h-e-double-l :devil:

Just as a wise man predicted.... :P

Yup, shure is a bit more of a mess than it used to be. I've been tempted to assume a Pirate/JC/Divad etc. role in reminding people of the guidelines (that seem to be barely followed) but I figure if even Divad is posting multiple sales threads - :grin: - and nobody seems to care, why botha? The cream always rises to the top of the wheat!

Why you malaprop, you! :makepoint:

:gossip: btw two are allowed :makepoint: :makepoint:

Could we not simply state the type of books, maybe titles, the grade range, and whether they're priced under Guide/discounted/new prices? (shrug)

If I'm wrong, tell me... :(

hm You mean more sales threads with titles that are more descriptive of the books within, like "USAF Mildenhall Collection"? :baiting:

Seriously though, it would seem like a simple, common sense common courtesy thing to do but as Ann Landers once said "It's too bad that common sense usually isn't."

this is by and large a user-moderated forum. i expect that if you don't like someone's tactics, then perhaps a word or two would be helpful.

or you could wear out the mod notify button and let them worry about it...which of course is also somewhat frowned upon by some of the locals in favour of greater free enterprise and less moderator intervention.

(shrug)

this is by and large a user-moderated forum. i expect that if you don't like someone's tactics, then perhaps a word or two would be helpful.

or you could wear out the mod notify button and let them worry about it...which of course is also somewhat frowned upon by some of the locals in favour of greater free enterprise and less moderator intervention.

(shrug)

As if you speak for us, oh grand one . . . :baiting:

(shrug)

mod button hit. you're going down, you salty cantankerous rabblerouser

(shrug)

mod button hit. you're going down, you salty cantankerous rabblerouser

:angel::devil:

If you guys keep complaining, I won't know which threads to LQQK in to find my GEM MINT KEYS!

I bet you just want all the GEM MINT KEYS for yourselves.... :(

Nope . . . How can I possibly flip a book that is already a GEM MINT KEY! lol

If you guys keep complaining, I won't know which threads to LQQK in to find my GEM MINT KEYS!

Where there's a will... meh

GEM MINT +

GEM MINT +

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:hi: John - Back in action? hm How was the vacation? :grin:

I'm just wondering if there is an unwritten rule that you shouldn't buy forum members books solely to flip for a quick profit.

Often prices here are less than market value as an apparent favour for fellow forum members. Would it leave a bad taste in your mouth if your buyer, upon receiving the comic(s) he bought from you, placed them on ebay and eventually made a decent profit?

Personally I think it is fine, do what you want with them, the seller set the price they wanted... if they have seller's remorse, well too bad. Any thoughts on this? Is it bad form?

If something was significantly underpriced... would you let the seller know?

If the seller was selling a price variant comic without knowing... would you let them know?

I think we'd all be quick to point out overpriced books... but would you say anything if the prices were obviously too low?... or perhaps if the books appear undergraded?

Also, are dealers welcome here? I imagine they are... but perhaps they feel it is best if they leave this forum for everyone else? If a dealer came in here and started buying a large portion of the books available here... constantly... would there be a "riot"?

Edited by eddly

Note to Arch: Warnings should be given to posters whose comments on a sales thread are based solely on the prices set by the seller. Repeat offenders should receive strikes. It used to be a matter of etiquette around here . . . hm

Note to Arch: Warnings should be given to posters whose comments on a sales thread are based solely on the prices set by the seller. Repeat offenders should receive strikes. It used to be a matter of etiquette around here . . . hm
:applause:

Generally a good idea. But don't forget there's always a newbie posting his VG SA books at full guide that need a little :baiting: about pricing.