• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

This kind of brainless :censored: really bothers me:

What Happened to leaving the "GodFather" of CGC comics the Heck Alone. :sumo:

He is selling good stuff so for all I care he can take of the whole 1st page. :popcorn:

Now I like Steve too, but he should not be accorded this "above the law" kind of attitude by the low-IQ board members.

He is selling good stuff so for all I care he can take of the whole 1st page. :popcorn:

Now I like Steve too, but he should not be accorded this "above the law" kind of attitude by the low-IQ board members.

Gawd, I hope I made the cut . . . :(

:grin:

Gawd, I hope I made the cut . . . :(

:grin:

hm

:baiting:

nothing against borock, but i thought we weren't allowed to have multiple FS threads...what gives?

Nothing concrete . . . you can have a couple two three IF it's appropriate - you just can't be a piggie or page one ho' :grin:

I disagree. One thread was specifically Signature Series books, and the other Bronze/Copper, and not even started the same day.

Now if he starts new threads re-posting unsold books from a thread that was ended less than 12 hours before, that could get annoying. The person that did that could have just bumped his thread one more time with a consolidated list and new discount terms.

To me, Steve's threads are different enough to warrant his multiple threads.

I agree with our resident hick. It's not like he started a thread for each book he had for sale like someone did a couple of weeks ago.

If the types of books are different enough, then they deserve their own threads.

Plus, some are threads he has closed only to have window shoppers continue to bump them.

Now I like Steve too, but he should not be accorded this "above the law" kind of attitude [snipped out the insult because it was unecessary and weakens an otherwise justifiable argument.].

I agree.

The rules have to apply evenly to everyone, regardless of whether it's a newbie who just signed up or the former head cheese af CGC.

I'm not saying Steve is violating selling guidelines, I don't believe he is, just agreeing with the concept that the rules have to apply equally to everyone.

Edited by Jeffro

The rules have to apply evenly to everyone, regardless of whether it's a newbie who just signed up or the former head cheese af CGC.

I'm not saying Steve is violating selling guidelines, I don't believe he is, just agreeing with the concept that the rules have to apply equally to everyone.

Exactly my point - this has *nothing* to do with Steve, and everything to do with "different rules for different people", depending on whether you like him, had a drink with him at a forum dinner, he's selling sweet books, or are longtime members.

It shouldn't matter, and if it does to you, then you're a biased POS who doesn't deserve an opinion on the Forum Guidelines.

To clarify - I never said that Steve has broken any rules, just that if all of his sales threads were coming from somebody else, especially a new member, and/or if the books weren't up to snuff, I'm sure there would be complaining.

To clarify - I never said that Steve has broken any rules, just that if all of his sales threads were coming from somebody else, especially a new member, and/or if the books weren't up to snuff, I'm sure there would be complaining.

I agree, and it's more the *attitude* of people like this that bothers me: